Age UK's Retail IT Support team are recruiting for an IT Support Engineer to join our passionate team in Warrington.
As IT Support Engineer, you will provide highly efficient 2nd Line technical assistance to shops and end users to ensure an effective remote support service is delivered to Age UK's retail shops across the country.
Our retail shops help raise funds for the vital services and support the national charity provides to older people in need. You will provide our shops with the technical support they need to effectively continue their fantastic work.
This is a key role within our team, and we require someone with a proven IT background and strong knowledge, who has supported and troubleshooted remotely users who utilise Epos, Windows OS / Office365 and peripheral equipment such as tills, ICnP, AP's, modems, switches, PC's and associated hardware, tablets, printers, and scanners.
We are looking for a proactive person with strong communication skills and an understanding of the importance to provide a first-class customer experience.
All applications for this role will be anonymised, we won't know your name, address or gender until after shortlisting for interview has taken place. We want to select the best candidate for this key role based on experience and passion.
You will have:
- At least 2 years' experience working on a help desk in either 1st or 2nd line support
- Problem solving skills within a technical environment
- Strong communication skills
- An engaged and responsible attitude
- A customer-centric approach with the ability to work in a dynamic work environment
- Good understanding of networking and telephony
- Knowledge of logistical requirements that service a multi-site retail organisation
- Experience in investigating and resolving incidents with: Telephony / FTTC / LAN / ICnP / Epos / Tills / PC / Tablets / Printers / Scanners
- Troubleshooting experience and the ability resolve incidents within the agreed Service Level Agreements and to the high quality that a retail business demands
- The ability to maintain accurate ITSM records according to SOP, including ticket data, knowledge articles and asset register
- Excellent time management and prioritisation skills
What we offer in return:
* Competitive salary, 26 days annual leave + bank holidays + annual leave purchase scheme.
* Excellent pension scheme, life assurance, health cashback plan and EAP.
* Car Benefit Scheme, Cycle to Work Scheme and Season Ticket Loan.
* Techscheme - buy any tech from Apple or Currys, up to £1000, and spread the cost over 12 months, interest free
* Heka Fitness & Wellbeing Benefit.
* You Did It Awards - recognition awards from £100-250.
Age UK is an Equal Opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates, regardless of age, sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital/civil partnership status, or pregnancy and maternity. We guarantee an interview to disabled candidates who meet the minimum criteria. We welcome requests for flexible working.
Age UK is committed to safeguarding adults at risk, and children, from abuse and neglect. We expect everyone who works with us to share this commitment.
Early application is encouraged as we will review applications throughout the advertising period and reserve the right to close the advert at any time.
Age UK politely requests no contact from recruitment agencies or media sales. We do not accept speculative CVs from recruitment agencies nor accept the fees associated with them.