How to apply
Are you looking to utilise your extensive Risk Management experience within a Top 10 Charity Employer?
Age UK is made up of a partnership of international, national and local organisations that work tirelessly to improve the lives of older people.
We are currently seeking a highly experienced Risk Manager to join our forward-thinking and innovative Risk and Compliance Team on a full-time basis. This sought after opportunity will allow the successful applicant to add genuine value to the charity.
In addition to your salary, we also offer a fantastic benefits package, which includes:
* 26 days holiday + bank holidays
* A generous Pension Plan - with up to 9% employer contributions
* Annual Leave purchase scheme
* Life Assurance
* Health Cash Payment Plan
* Shopping Discounts
* Annual Season Ticket Loan (spread the commuting costs) and many more…
* Support the Head of Group Risk and Compliance to deliver a robust programme of risk management within the Age UK Group
* Provide insight to Executive and Senior Managers and Boards through risk reporting and analysis
* Develop tools to assist the organisation identify and assess risks.
* Maintain a programme of operational risk register review; internal training; and continual improvement feedback loops.
Experience, skills & knowledge:
Candidates should have extensive experience in risk or audit. (3 - 5 years)
Experience of reviewing and training on operating risk registers and internal control frameworks is essential.
An understanding of charitable activities and the role and guidance of the Charity Commission would be advantageous...
Applicants should be skilled in gathering, analysing and evaluating facts (including data) with the ability to produce concise and cogent oral and written reports.
Strong MS Office skills (including Excel and PowerPoint)
Professional studies in Risk, or Audit or closely related discipline.
You will be required to travel within United Kingdom.
For a full list of benefits please click here
Age UK is an Equal Opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates, regardless of age, sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital/civil partnership status, or pregnancy and maternity. We guarantee an interview to disabled candidates who meet the essential criteria. We welcome requests for flexible working.
Age UK is committed to safeguarding adults at risk, and children, from abuse and neglect. We expect everyone who works with us to share this commitment.
Early application is encouraged as we will review applications throughout the advertising period and reserve the right to close the advert at any time.
Age UK politely requests no contact from recruitment agencies or media sales. We do not accept speculative CVs from recruitment agencies nor accept the fees associated with them.