Life is challenging for us all right now, but for many older people things are particularly difficult.
Age UK are recruiting for a highly effective Senior Coordinator for their vital Telephone Friendship Services Team in Blackpool.
Managing a small team to effectively deliver a range of services to the telephone befriending service, offering friendship and group calls, on-boarding of both our volunteers and our members (older people.)
This role will involve working 5 days out of 7 (8am - 6pm) including weekends and Bank Holidays on a rota basis.
You will have
* Experience of coordinating activities to ensure projects and work programmes are delivered on time.
* Project management skills, including the ability to work flexibly and autonomously, managing individual projects to meet KPI's and deadlines.
* Experience of dealing with and providing support to older people and volunteers over the telephone
* Experience of data entry to a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
* Experience of managing and training a small team
* Excellent oral communication skills
* Excellent telephone manner and excellent customer service skills
* Understanding of the issues facing older people
* Commitment to promoting equality and valuing diversity in practice
* Knowledge of safeguarding and data protection issues.
What we offer in return
In return we can offer an excellent salary of £22,800, and great benefits including 26 days annual leave + bank holidays, excellent pension, life assurance, healthcare cashback plan, season ticket loan, cycle to work scheme, flexible working and much more.
For a full list of benefits please click here https://www.ageuk.org.uk/about-us/jobs/employee-benefits/
Age UK is an Equal Opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates, regardless of age, sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital/civil partnership status, or pregnancy and maternity. We guarantee an interview to disabled candidates who meet the minimum criteria. We welcome requests for flexible working.
Age UK is committed to safeguarding adults at risk, and children, from abuse and neglect. We expect everyone who works with us to share this commitment.
Early application is encouraged as we will review applications throughout the advertising period and reserve the right to close the advert at any time.
Age UK politely requests no contact from recruitment agencies or media sales. We do not accept speculative CVs from recruitment agencies nor accept the fees associated with them.