Age UK has offered a free telephone friendship service for many years, supporting older people who may not have someone to talk to regularly. We support thousands of friendships between older people and volunteers who, together, enjoy a weekly phone chat about anything from the weather to what's been going on in both their lives.
We are now recruiting for two Senior Coordinators to manage a small team of Coordinators who take care of our telephone friendships - ensuring volunteers are trained and supported and that older people have a positive and safe experience. One role will be based in Blackpool and one based in Ashburton, Devon.
Due to Covid-19 interviews for this role will take place via MS Teams. Due to the current coronavirus restrictions the majority of our colleagues are operating at home, and this role will initially be fully homebased. Once restrictions are lifted, we expect to work flexibly in the future with time spent both working in our office (Ashburton or Blackpool) and part from home. You will require access to broadband and a suitable space to work at home in order to carry out this role.
* Experience of coordinating activities to ensure projects and work programmes are delivered on time.
* A passion for supporting older people an understanding of the issues facing older people
* Experience of supporting volunteers and working with vulnerable people
* Previous experience of entering data with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
* The ability to manage, plan and deliver projects to agreed quality standards
* Experience of managing a small team and delivering training
* Ability to build and maintain effective relationships on the telephone with a wide range of people.
* Proven ability to work flexibly as part of a team.
* Commitment to promoting equality and valuing diversity in practice
* Knowledge of safeguarding and data protection issues
What we offer in return
* Competitive salary, 26 days annual leave + bank holidays + annual leave purchase scheme.
* Excellent pension scheme, life assurance, Simply Health cashback plan and EAP.
* Car Benefit Scheme, Cycle to Work Scheme and Season Ticket Loan.
* Techscheme - buy any tech from Apple or Currys, up to £1000, and spread the cost over 12 months, interest free
* Discount on Gym Membership and Go Sweat Fitness & Wellbeing Benefit.
* You Did It Awards - recognition awards from £100-250.
Age UK is an Equal Opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates, regardless of age, sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital/civil partnership status, or pregnancy and maternity. We guarantee an interview to disabled candidates who meet the minimum criteria. We welcome requests for flexible working.
Age UK is committed to safeguarding adults at risk, and children, from abuse and neglect. We expect everyone who works with us to share this commitment.
Early application is encouraged as we will review applications throughout the advertising period and reserve the right to close the advert at any time.
Age UK politely requests no contact from recruitment agencies or media sales. We do not accept speculative CVs from recruitment agencies nor accept the fees associated with them.