Age International is Age UK's international charity, supporting older people and fighting ageism around the world. Our work makes a real, tangible difference to the lives of older people living in the world's poorest places, helping them access better health and care, delivering life-saving aid in emergencies and working to ensure older people have a secure income.
Age International are recruiting for a Senior Direct Marketing Executive to join their proactive and driven team. With an ambitious plan to grow our income from Individual Giving, it's an exciting time to be joining the charity. In this role you will implement and manage projects across the Age International Individual Giving programme to acquire, develop and retain supporters with the aim of maximising the value of our relationships with individual supporters.
Initially, the role will focus on our acquisition programme but offers excellent development opportunities across a range of exciting projects.
Please note this role is currently working 31.5 hours per week at 90% of full-time salary but this will be reviewed before April 2022, after which it may return to full-time hours and salary - 35 hours per week. Actual salary - £23,400 - £27,900.
We are happy to consider flexible working patterns to suit you. For example, hours can be compressed to 4 days in the week, can be worked over a 9-day fortnight or 5 shorter days per week.
All applications must be supported by a full cover letter, highlighting your relevant experience, transferrable skills and why you wish to work for Age International.
You will have
* Proven successful experience in a direct marketing role
* Delivered and managed effective direct marketing campaigns
* Worked across multiple direct marketing channels, including digital
* Experience of preparing, re-forecasting and successfully meeting budget targets
* Proficiency in the use of MS Office applications, particularly Excel and Word
* Experience of managing internal and external stakeholders through various processes, including sign off
* Strong written communication skills, with the ability to write compelling direct marketing copy
* Experience working on face to face or telemarketing campaigns is desirable
* Project management, numerical and analytical skills (ideally digital analytical skills)
What we offer in return
* Competitive salary, 26 days annual leave + bank holidays + annual leave purchase scheme.
* Excellent pension scheme, life assurance, Simply Health cashback plan and EAP.
* Car Benefit Scheme, Cycle to Work Scheme and Season Ticket Loan.
* Techscheme - buy any tech from Apple or Currys, up to £1000, and spread the cost over 12 months, interest free
* Discount on Gym Membership and Go Sweat Fitness & Wellbeing Benefit.
* You Did It Awards - recognition awards from £100-250.
Age UK is an Equal Opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates, regardless of age, sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital/civil partnership status, or pregnancy and maternity. We guarantee an interview to disabled candidates who meet the minimum criteria. We welcome requests for flexible working.
Age UK is committed to safeguarding adults at risk, and children, from abuse and neglect. We expect everyone who works with us to share this commitment.
Early application is encouraged as we will review applications throughout the advertising period and reserve the right to close the advert at any time.
Age UK politely requests no contact from recruitment agencies or media sales. We do not accept speculative CVs from recruitment agencies nor accept the fees associated with them.