Effective governance is vital for Age UK to ensure it achieves its strategic objectives and meets the requirements of its regulators.
The Senior Governance Manager is a key role supporting, and deputising for, the Head of Governance in managing and providing all aspects of the governance and secretariat service relevant to the most senior Boards and Committees within the Age UK Group.
This is a very visible role working closely with Trustees and Directors as well as the most senior staff within the Charity, providing advice and support.
The post will suit someone who is pro-active, has excellent management, relationship and organisational skills, and enjoys applying those skills in an environment which is often fluid and can be complex.
You will be:
* Supporting the Head of Governance, Boards and the Legal and Governance departments
* Working closely with Trustees and Directors, you will ideally have an understanding of charity governance
* Proven in providing secretariat services; servicing senior level Boards and Committees
* Managing the annual programme of meetings for the Board of Trustees to facilitate the efficient conduct of business and decision-making
* An experienced line manager
* Highly organised, with excellent time management and a good understanding of corporate governance
* Experienced from working in a financial services regulated environment
* Pro-active with excellent management and communication skills
* Proficient in tailoring communications according to your audience
* An efficient team member with strong presentation and negotiation skills
* A proficient user of MS Office programmes and have a high level of written English
* A confident problem-solver, with sound judgement and a keen eye for detail
* Leading a number of projects and activities associated with a senior role in a complex charity
Please see job description for full list of duties.
What we offer in return:
* 26 days annual leave plus Bank Holidays
* Annual leave purchase scheme
* A fantastic pension (with up to 9% employer contributions)
* Health cash plan
* Annual Season Ticket loan (spread the cost of your commute)
* Cycle to work scheme
* Shopping discounts and many more excellent benefits
For a full list of benefits please click here https://www.ageuk.org.uk/about-us/jobs/employee-benefits/
Age UK is an Equal Opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates, regardless of age, sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital/civil partnership status, or pregnancy and maternity. We guarantee an interview to disabled candidates who meet the minimum criteria. We welcome requests for flexible working.
Age UK is committed to safeguarding adults at risk, and children, from abuse and neglect. We expect everyone who works with us to share this commitment.
Early application is encouraged as we will review applications throughout the advertising period and reserve the right to close the advert at any time.
Age UK politely requests no contact from recruitment agencies or media sales. We do not accept speculative CVs from recruitment agencies nor accept the fees associated with them.