Effective governance is vital for Age UK to ensure it achieves its strategic objectives and meets the requirements of its regulators. In the current environment, more than ever, governance plays a vital role within any charity - we are looking for someone who can truly deliver when it counts.
The Senior Governance Manager is a key role supporting, and deputising for, the Head of Governance in managing and providing all aspects of the governance and secretariat service relevant to the most senior Boards and Committees within the Age UK Group.
This is a very visible role working closely with Trustees and Directors as well as the most senior staff within the Charity, providing advice and support.
The post will suit someone who is pro-active, has excellent management, relationship and organisational skills, and enjoys applying those skills in an environment which is often fluid and can be complex.
* Highly organised, with excellent time management and a good understanding of corporate and, ideally, charity governance
* Proven in supporting senior level Boards and Committees and working closely with Trustees and Directors
* A confident problem-solver, with sound judgement and a keen eye for detail
* Pro-active with excellent management and communication skills
* An efficient team member with strong presentation and negotiation skills
* Able to lead a number of projects and activities
* An experienced line manager
What we offer in return
* Competitive salary, 26 days annual leave + bank holidays + annual leave purchase scheme.
* Excellent pension scheme, life assurance, Simply Health cashback plan and EAP.
* Car Benefit Scheme, Cycle to Work Scheme and Season Ticket Loan.
* Techscheme - buy any tech from Apple or Currys, up to £1000, and spread the cost over 12 months, interest free
* Discount on Gym Membership and Go Sweat Fitness & Wellbeing Benefit.
* You Did It Awards - recognition awards from £100-250.
Please read job description for full list of duties.
If you would be a strong candidate as a high quality Governance Manager but may not yet be ready for this Senior Governance Manager role we would welcome a conversation with you and may be flexible in how we appoint.
Age UK is an Equal Opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates, regardless of age, sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital/civil partnership status, or pregnancy and maternity. We guarantee an interview to disabled candidates who meet the minimum criteria. We welcome requests for flexible working.
Age UK is committed to safeguarding adults at risk, and children, from abuse and neglect. We expect everyone who works with us to share this commitment.
Early application is encouraged as we will review applications throughout the advertising period and reserve the right to close the advert at any time.
Age UK politely requests no contact from recruitment agencies or media sales. We do not accept speculative CVs from recruitment agencies nor accept the fees associated with them.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.