Age UK has over 1400 employees across 250 shops, offices in London and Devon and the Warehouse in Warrington. To ensure that we provide a professional HR service to all our employees we have a dedicated in-house team providing support. Following a restructure, we have outsourced some of our payroll activities and have bought together our payroll and HR operations functions.
We are now looking for a HR Services Manager to take on the new responsibility of managing the Operations and payroll team and driving forward the required changes to our system, iTrent and our policies and procedures.
* The ability to lead and manage a team within Human Resources.
* Able to demonstrate experience of working within an HR Operations and payroll function.
* Experience of managing an outsourced payroll provider.
* Ideally gained experience of working with Midland HRs iTrent system
* Successfully delivered and managed HR related projects
* The ability to work under pressure, deliver results to meet tight deadlines
* Strong communication skills and the ability to influence and drive change
* Excellent MS office skills, with a particular focus on Excel. Must be able to set up spreadsheets, analyse and process data to illustrate salary costs and forecasts.
* A good understanding of statutory HR, employment law and payroll legislation
What we offer in return
* Competitive salary, 26 days annual leave + bank holidays + annual leave purchase scheme.
* Excellent pension scheme, life assurance, Simply Health cashback plan and EAP.
* Car Benefit Scheme, Cycle to Work Scheme and Season Ticket Loan.
* Techscheme - buy any tech from Apple or Currys, up to £1000, and spread the cost over 12 months, interest free
* Discount on Gym Membership and Go Sweat Fitness & Wellbeing Benefit.
* You Did It Awards - recognition awards from £100-250.
Age UK is an Equal Opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates, regardless of age, sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital/civil partnership status, or pregnancy and maternity. We guarantee an interview to disabled candidates who meet the minimum criteria. We welcome requests for flexible working.
Age UK is committed to safeguarding adults at risk, and children, from abuse and neglect. We expect everyone who works with us to share this commitment.
Early application is encouraged as we will review applications throughout the advertising period and reserve the right to close the advert at any time.
Age UK politely requests no contact from recruitment agencies or media sales. We do not accept speculative CVs from recruitment agencies nor accept the fees associated with them.