There has never been a more important time to join the Age UK fundraising team. Against a backdrop of a broken social care system and millions already turning to Age UK for help, older people are amongst those hardest hit by the current pandemic. Calls to our trusted Advice Line have doubled and requests for telephone friendship have trebled. We have been moved by the public support for our Coronavirus Emergency Appeal, but we must raise vital future funds to ensure we can be there to help and support older people as they rebuild their lives.
Our Fundraising team has an ambition to grow our income beyond £60M in the next five years. We are investing in an ambitious Fundraising strategy to help us deeply engage more supporters and partners in our work, so that we can be there for the millions of older people who need someone to turn to.
About the role
Age UK has identified Philanthropy as an area of potential growth. We've created this new role to achieve this.
We're looking for an experienced, senior Major Donor fundraiser who shares our ambition - can see the potential, has a vision for realising it and drive to make it happen.
This role will manage a Philanthropy Manager and work across our portfolio of existing major donors providing outstanding, tailored stewardship to drive multi-year pledges and uplifts in giving. This will require close working with Director-level colleagues, trustees and senior volunteers.
But above all the focus for this role is refreshing our Philanthropy strategy, resetting our prospecting plans, developing new products and cases for support and boldly bringing new high net-worth individuals closer to our cause.
The role reports to the Director of Partnerships. Collaborative working with colleagues in Public Fundraising, Events, Corporate Partnerships and Trust Fundraising will be essential for driving income in this area whilst supporting our wider Fundraising strategy.
Experience, skills and knowledge
* Major donor fundraising experience, to at least Manager level is essential.
* Experience directly managing relationships with senior internal and external stakeholders is essential, as are high levels of gravitas and credibility.
* Experience developing new philanthropy programmes and products is preferable: moreover the ability and thirst to do so are essential.
* Line management experience is preferable.
* Excellent knowledge of the philanthropy landscape is essential including emerging trends and innovations, best practice and compliance.
* Ability to work in a proactive, independent fashion whilst collaborating and communicating effectively with colleagues is essential.
* Outstanding verbal and written communication skills are essential.
* Sound planning and administrative skills are a prerequisite: good working knowledge of MS Office products and databases.
* Sound financial management and reporting skills.
What we offer
- Competitive salary, 26 days annual leave + bank holidays + annual leave purchase scheme.
- Excellent pension scheme, life assurance, Simply Health cashback plan and EAP.
- Car Benefit Scheme, Cycle to Work Scheme and Season Ticket Loan.
- Techscheme - buy any tech from Apple or Currys, up to £1000, and spread the cost over 12 months, interest free
- Discount on Gym Membership and Go Sweat Fitness & Wellbeing Benefit.
- You Did It Awards - recognition awards from £100-250.
For a full list of benefits please click here https://www.ageuk.org.uk/about-us/jobs/employee-benefits/
Age UK is an Equal Opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates, regardless of age, sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital/civil partnership status, or pregnancy and maternity. We guarantee an interview to disabled candidates who meet the minimum criteria. We welcome requests for flexible working.
Age UK is committed to safeguarding adults at risk, and children, from abuse and neglect. We expect everyone who works with us to share this commitment.
Early application is encouraged as we will review applications throughout the advertising period and reserve the right to close the advert at any time.
Age UK politely requests no contact from recruitment agencies or media sales. We do not accept speculative CVs from recruitment agencies nor accept the fees associated with them.