We're looking for a tenacious self-starter to join our Digital Marketing team as Social Media Executive. The post holder will work alongside the Social Media Manager to grow Age UKs organic presence across various social media platforms, reaching thousands of people each week with Age UK's vital work.
Working across all divisions of Age UK, this role is an essential part of keeping Age UK's audiences informed and engaged with everything that Age UK does to help older people who need us most.
It's a fast-paced role, so we're looking for someone who can work well under pressure whilst managing multiple stakeholder objectives. It comes with the opportunity to work across all areas of social media from content creation to managing online communities to running virtual fundraising events, no two days are the same!
You will have:
- Strong experience managing social media accounts and a proven track record of creating engaging content for different channels and demographics.
- Experience moderating online communities.
- Ideally worked in a social media executive role, preferably within the third sector.
- Created social media reports that are accessible to the Senior Management Team.
- Strong hands-on digital marketing experience with a preferred specific focus on social media and social media analytics.
- Knowledge of social media management tools, preferably Sprout Social.
- Proven experience from using the Adobe Suite specifically Photoshop, Premier and AfterEffects.
- Written and developed a range of different content, aimed at consumers including online materials and printed resources.
- Managed a social content calendar.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- A high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Good interpersonal skills.
What we offer in return
* Competitive salary, 26 days annual leave + bank holidays + annual leave purchase scheme.
* Excellent pension scheme, life assurance, Simply Health cashback plan and EAP.
* Car Benefit Scheme, Cycle to Work Scheme and Season Ticket Loan.
* Techscheme - buy any tech from Apple or Currys, up to £1000, and spread the cost over 12 months, interest free
* Discount on Gym Membership and Go Sweat Fitness & Wellbeing Benefit.
* You Did It Awards - recognition awards from £100-250.
For a full list of benefits please click here https://www.ageuk.org.uk/about-us/jobs/employee-benefits/
Age UK is an Equal Opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates, regardless of age, sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital/civil partnership status, or pregnancy and maternity. We guarantee an interview to disabled candidates who meet the minimum criteria. We welcome requests for flexible working.
Age UK is committed to safeguarding adults at risk, and children, from abuse and neglect. We expect everyone who works with us to share this commitment.
Early application is encouraged as we will review applications throughout the advertising period and reserve the right to close the advert at any time.
Age UK politely requests no contact from recruitment agencies or media sales. We do not accept speculative CVs from recruitment agencies nor accept the fees associated with them.