Age UK is recruiting! We have a fantastic opportunity for a Store Manager to join our friendly and supportive Stowmarket team.
Utilising your previous retail experience and excellent managerial skills, you will manage the day to day running of our store - maximising store sales and profits while ensuring our customers receive an excellent service. In doing so, you will be helping to raise funds for Age UK and the incredible services and support they provide to older people.
As Store Manager, you will manage our brilliant team of staff and volunteers, providing effective leadership, training, and development.
If you are a motivated manager with a passion for retail and would like to use your skills to support a charity that helps thousands of older people across the UK, this may be the role for you!
Due to the nature of this role, you will be required to handle/lift bags of stock (up to 10kgs.)
You will have:
- Experience in a performance driven retail/customer centric environment
- Experience of managing people
- Ability to lift and carry bags of stock up to 10kg's
- Ability to build, retain and develop a team
- Strong drive to achieve results through others
- Ability to delegate, coach and listen
- Ability to manage time under conflicting priorities
- Ability to motivate self and others
- An open and adaptable approach to change and be able to support others through it
- Experience of communicating with a diverse workforce and customer base
- Ability to establish and maintain successful retail processes and merchandising
- IT literacy and numeracy skills
What we offer in return:
- A 35 hour working week
- 25 days holiday + bank holiday allowance
- A generous pension - we will contribute 8%
- Great discounts and rewards through Blue Light Card and BenefitHub
- Life assurance, Bupa health cashback plan
- Tickets for Good - Free and discounted tickets for events
To comply with UK legislation, we cannot accept applications from candidates under the age of 18 as the successful candidate will be required to work on their own in the shop without the aid of other staff.
Is this the job for you? We know that men, of all backgrounds, and men and women from Black, Asian and minority ethnic backgrounds are currently under-represented in our workforce, and we want to change this! So, we are particularly keen to hear from applicants from these groups.
Early application is encouraged as we will review applications throughout the advertising period and reserve the right to close the advert at any time.
Age UK is an Equal Opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates, regardless of age, sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital/civil partnership status, or pregnancy and maternity. We guarantee an interview to disabled candidates who meet the minimum criteria under the Disability Confident Scheme. Please note that on occasion, due to high numbers of applications, Age UK reserves the right to limit the overall number of interviews offered, and therefore, it may not always be practicable or appropriate to interview all disabled people that meet the minimum criteria for the job.
Age UK is committed to safeguarding adults at risk, and children, from abuse and neglect. We expect everyone who works with us to share this commitment.