We are looking for Store Managers just like you - impactful, motivated, down to earth people who love to make a difference in the lives of their team and customers.
If you can provide a high-quality retail service and effectively manage our friendly team of staff and valued volunteers, we are keen to hear from you!
The successful post-holder will maximise store sales and profits as well as manage the day to day running of the store. Representing Age UK as an efficient and charitable organisation by ensuring that your actions reinforce the Age UK values and beliefs.
Often the only paid member of staff, our managers are comfortable in this environment, really enjoy working with others and are great at delegating to their teams.
Due to the nature of this role, you will be required to handle/lift bags of stock (up to 10kgs.)
You will have:
* Experience in a performance driven retail/customer centric environment
* Experience of managing people
* Ability to lift and carry bags of stock up to 10kg's
* Ability to build, retain and develop a team
* Strong drive to achieve results through others
* Ability to delegate, coach and listen
* Ability to manage time under conflicting priorities
* Ability to motivate self and others
* An open and adaptable approach to change and be able to support others through it
* Experience of communicating with a diverse workforce and customer base
* Ability to establish and maintain successful retail processes and merchandising
* IT literacy and numeracy skills
What we offer in return:
* A 35 hour working week
* 25 days holiday + Bank Holiday allowance
* A generous pension - we will contribute up to 8%
* Shopping discounts
* Life assurance and many more…
To comply with UK legislation, we cannot accept applications from candidates under the age of 18 as the successful candidate will be required to work on their own in the shop without the aid of other staff.
Is this the job for you? We know that men, of all backgrounds, and men and women from Black, Asian and minority ethnic backgrounds are currently under-represented in our workforce, and we want to change this! So, we are particularly keen to hear from applicants from these groups.
Age UK is an Equal Opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates, regardless of age, sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital/civil partnership status, or pregnancy and maternity. We guarantee an interview to disabled candidates who meet the essential criteria. We welcome requests for flexible working.
Age UK is committed to safeguarding adults at risk, and children, from abuse and neglect. We expect everyone who works with us to share this commitment.