There has never been a more exciting time to join Age UK. Last year, our Fundraising team raised over £70M and we are investing in an ambitious Fundraising strategy to help us deeply engage more supporters and partners in our work, so that we can be there for even more older people who need someone to turn to.
Our Legacies Team are recruiting for an ambitious Supporter Development Executive to implement and develop the relationship management and stewardship of legacy supporters and enquirers, enabling us to surpass targets and deliver long-term growth in legacy income for Age UK.
This fantastic opportunity will be hugely varied and enable the post holder to take responsibility for their own campaigns and projects. This role would best suit an individual with a passion for direct marketing and working closely with the public.
You will have:
- Proven successful experience of managing internal and external stakeholders
- Legacy Marketing experience is desirable.
- Excellent communication skills, which include dealing with sensitive circumstances.
- The ability to communicate confidently, clearly and naturally on the telephone to a wide-ranging audience.
- Experience of writing and editing copy
- Proven successful experience of managing and prioritising varied workload.
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to work to agreed procedures and policies.
- Excellent project and time management skills
- Excellent written and spoken English and grammar and attention to detail.
- Numerical and analytical skills
- Direct Marketing experience is desirable
- Strong IT skills. Proficient in the use of MS Office applications, particularly Excel and Word
What we offer in return
* Competitive salary, 26 days annual leave + bank holidays + annual leave purchase scheme.
* Excellent pension scheme, life assurance, Simply Health cashback plan and EAP.
* Car Benefit Scheme, Cycle to Work Scheme and Season Ticket Loan.
* Techscheme - buy any tech from Apple or Currys, up to £1000, and spread the cost over 12 months, interest free
* Discount on Gym Membership and Go Sweat Fitness & Wellbeing Benefit.
* You Did It Awards - recognition awards from £100-250.
For a full list of benefits please click here https://www.ageuk.org.uk/about-us/jobs/employee-benefits/
Age UK is an Equal Opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates, regardless of age, sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital/civil partnership status, or pregnancy and maternity. We guarantee an interview to disabled candidates who meet the minimum criteria. We welcome requests for flexible working.
Age UK is committed to safeguarding adults at risk, and children, from abuse and neglect. We expect everyone who works with us to share this commitment.
Early application is encouraged as we will review applications throughout the advertising period and reserve the right to close the advert at any time.
Age UK politely requests no contact from recruitment agencies or media sales. We do not accept speculative CVs from recruitment agencies nor accept the fees associated with them.