Since 2005, Age UK has offered a free telephone friendship service called Call in Time, which supports older people who may not have someone to talk to regularly.
We match hundreds of older people with trained and supported volunteers who, together, enjoy a weekly phone chat about anything from the weather to what's been going on in both their lives.
Due to an increasing demand for this service, we are now recruiting for an Activity Coordinator to join the team. The successful candidate will deliver an effective and efficient telephone befriending service, coordinating the onboarding of new members (older people) by supporting the delivery of referrals, assessments and good day calls.
* You will be experienced coordinating activities and ensuring projects and work programmes are delivered on time.
* You will have the ability to prioritise competing deadlines and workloads.
* You will demonstrate excellent project management skills, including the ability to work flexible and autonomously.
* You should be confident dealing with people from different backgrounds and situations, with the ability to maintain effective relationships over the phone.
* You will have an understanding the issues affecting older people, and a commitment to promoting equality and valuing diversity.
What we offer in return
In return we can offer a competitive salary of £18,050 , great benefits including 26 days annual leave + bank holidays, pension, life assurance, healthcare cashback plan, season ticket loan, cycle to work scheme, car lease scheme, flexible working and much more.
This role is a 35-hour working week, 5 days out of 7 with start and end times between 8 am and 6pm. It will include weekend and bank holiday shifts, which will be arranged on a rota basis.
Due to Covid-19 interviews for these roles will be conducted via video.
For a full list of benefits please check our website
Age UK is an Equal Opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates, regardless of age, sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital/civil partnership status, or pregnancy and maternity. We guarantee an interview to disabled candidates who meet the essential criteria. We welcome requests for flexible working.
Age UK is committed to safeguarding adults at risk, and children, from abuse and neglect. We expect everyone who works with us to share this commitment.
Early application is encouraged as we will review applications throughout the advertising period and reserve the right to close the advert at any time.
Age UK politely requests no contact from recruitment agencies or media sales. We do not accept speculative CVs from recruitment agencies nor accept the fees associated with them.