Age Cymru aim to provide life-enhancing services and vital support to people in later life. We and our local partners deliver a range of services across Wales
One of these services is a telephone befriending service and we are recruiting for a full-time Volunteer Officer to co-ordinate the recruitment, support and management of volunteers for the 'Friend in Need' telephone befriending service, and oversee the day to day implementation of the service, in a consistent and efficient way to ensure a high quality volunteer experience.
This role is fixed term until March 2021.
* Passionate about the needs and aspirations of older people
* Understanding of safeguarding issues
* Commitment to equal opportunities, and developing services or support that meets the needs of specific target groups
* Coordinating, recruiting, selecting and supporting volunteers
* Designing and delivering training related to volunteer induction/policy and procedures.
* Ability to work with a wide range of people, and different audiences
* A confident and positive approach to handling interaction with others by using a full range of interpersonal skills
* Ability to produce written materials to a high standard, for example, leaflets and promotional materials.
* Ability to identify potential blocks to progress and adapt work appropriately to overcome obstacles to achieve goals.
* Ability to speak Welsh - Desirable
What we offer in return
* Holiday - 27 days made up of 24 choice days and 3 days to be used between Christmas & New Year - Including carry forward
* Flexible Hours Working Scheme
* Employer pension
* Generous life assurance up to 4 times your annual salary
* Healthcare cashback plan
For full job details please review the attached job description.
Due to Covid-19 interviews for these roles will be conducted via video.
These roles will be home based until the guidelines regarding Covid-19 change. The role can then be based out of Cardiff or Mold office, or continue to be home based within Wales.
The role holder will be required to provide a car for business use and some occasional travel across Wales may be required. There may be occasional requirements to work evenings and weekends - these will be planned in advance.
Age Cymru is an Equal Opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates, regardless of age, sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital/civil partnership status, or pregnancy and maternity. We guarantee an interview to disabled candidates who meet the minimum criteria. We welcome requests for flexible working.
Age Cymru is committed to safeguarding adults at risk, and children, from abuse and neglect. We expect everyone who works with us to share this commitment.
Early application is encouraged as we will review applications throughout the advertising period and reserve the right to close the advert at any time.
We politely requests no contact from recruitment agencies or media sales. We do not accept speculative CVs from recruitment agencies nor accept the fees associated with them.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.