Age Cymru is currently recruiting for a part-time Volunteer Services Support Officer (28 hours per week, salary pro rata) to provide administrative and practical support to Age Cymru volunteer services.
Our aim is to ensure that all registered service users have a high-quality experience through both administrative and practical support.
This is primarily an administrative position which also assists with the recruitment, support and management of volunteers, to maintain excellence in Age Cymru's volunteer services.
This part time role is a fixed term contract, which ends December 2021. (Actual salary £16,000 p.a.) Initially this role will be homebased (due to Covid restrictions) but when these are lifted, we are happy to consider requests for continued working from home or working from our Cardiff office.
All applications MUST be accompanied by a full supporting letter, stating your transferrable skills and experience and why you would like to work for Age Cymru.
You will have:
* Excellent administrative and customer service skills
* Confident MS Office skills - Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint
* Data entry experience
* Excellent communication skills - verbal, written and listening
* A friendly and engaging approach to working with older people
* Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to engage with a range of people
* Good organisation and attention to detail
* The ability to handle sensitive data professionally and appropriately
* The ability to speak Welsh (desirable but not essential)
What we offer in return
* Holiday - 27 days made up of 24 choice days and 3 days to be used between Christmas & New Year - Including carry forward (Pro rata)
* Flexible Hours Working Scheme
* Employer pension
* Generous life assurance up to 4 times your annual salary
* Healthcare cashback plan
Age UK is an Equal Opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates, regardless of age, sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital/civil partnership status, or pregnancy and maternity. We guarantee an interview to disabled candidates who meet the minimum criteria. We welcome requests for flexible working.
Age UK is committed to safeguarding adults at risk, and children, from abuse and neglect. We expect everyone who works with us to share this commitment.
Early application is encouraged as we will review applications throughout the advertising period and reserve the right to close the advert at any time.
Age UK politely requests no contact from recruitment agencies or media sales. We do not accept speculative CVs from recruitment agencies nor accept the fees associated with them.