Based in Manchester or London, the Assistant Director of People, Performance and Culture will join a renewed Operations team at akt with a focus on developing culture change, employee relations, systems and processes and diversity and inclusion across the akt staff team and the wider stakeholder community of young people, supporters and volunteers. Reporting to the Deputy CEO, the successful candidate will bring experience in human resources, change management, operations management and implementing principles of equality, diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Experience in the charity sector is desirable but not essential.
- Ensure robust contract management of all ‘operational’ external contracts e.g. with respect to HR, IT, office accommodation, external administrative service providers (and other areas as agreed with the DCEO)
- With advice and guidance from the People Manager, oversee akt’s People function
- Support the DCEO in providing operations support and direction for performance management and quality assurance to support various reporting streams within the charity
- Oversee the integration of digital solutions and models of working into the workplace (e.g. within frontline service delivery and the management of the akt’s other support functions).
- Support the DCEO to improvement agreed operational and organisational change management processes of the charity
- Support the development and oversee the principles of equality and inclusion within akt and promote a positive culture of inclusion and co-operation across our departments and cities with support from the EDI taskforce, Leadership Team and Board of Trustees
- Ensure all policies and procedures across the charity are compliant with relevant reporting bodies
- Oversee the administrative function to ensure that akt is fully supported in ways that are efficient and cost-effective
- Oversee the health and safety of the organisation, ensuring we have a team of H&S staff representatives, ensuring regular risk assessment and all aspect of occupational health are considered (in partnership with People Manager)
- Oversee the external training and consultancy programme
- Develop and improve internal communications processes across within the organization