Working in a small dedicated team, you will provide support to London services. The role will involve the provision of advice and support to a diverse range of young LGBTQ+ persons aged 16-25 who are homeless, vulnerably housed or in a hostile environment. Our main focus is in maintaining our ability to provide the highest service possible giving our young people the opportunities they need to realise their own life plans and to reach their own goals and objectives. Overall, we aim to get young LGBTQ+ people into accommodation and work or education so they can end their period of homelessness.
- To assess the needs of young LGBTQ+ people who are homeless, vulnerably housed, or in a hostile environment, and to carry out casework on their behalf.
- Identifying young people’s support needs and assisting them developing a detailed support plan for short-term intervention with each young person on your caseload.
- Finding accommodation for these young people and being creative in sourcing new accommodation routes and building relationships with accommodation providers in cooperation with the Services Manager.
- Providing weekly keywork sessions for residents of our LGBTQ+ supported accommodation scheme Purple door.
- Carrying out day-to-day housing management tasks, including carrying out health and safety checks
- Attending appointments with young LGBTQ+ people when needed including providing advocacy with statutory services i.e. Local Authorities.