Please note this is one vacancy and the role can be based from any of our four service centre locations (Manchester, London, Newcastle or Bristol)
This is an exciting opportunity for a well-organised and professional individual to join our team to support our work with young LGBTQ+ people facing homelessness.
You will need excellent communications skills, be highly organised and have the ability to present data in a format that is understandable, clear and can be utilised in a range of areas, including service development, external and internal communications, campaigning and to inform strategic development.
You will join us on a part-time basis, working 21 hours per week and in return, you will receive a competitive salary of £28,350 per annum (pro rata for part time).
- Ensure the collation of data from our Inform system is completed and provide reports to the Services Director, funders and other departments as required.
- Ensuring services data is collected and presented in a timely and accurate manner for the quarterly and annual Dashboard
- Work closely with the Services Administration Officer to ensure the effective collection of data, providing support and coaching where appropriate.
- Take the lead on understanding and presenting that data into meaningful management information
- Coordinate and take the lead on specific initiatives or projects relating to data analysis, including some cross-departmental projects
- Use expertise and technical knowledge to work with services to ensure we are capturing relevant data, spotting trends and utilising the data to inform our strategic direction and supporting young LGBTQ+ homeless people, including making recommendations/ideas for solutions for changes or improvements
- Ensuring the data that is collected highlights the impact of akt and can be used to support fundraising and communication work of akt
- Ensuring akt are able to be involved in wider sector discussion and influence with data at the core to those conversations.
- Support the EDI goals of the organisations by ensuring high quality Services data is produced around our young people to aid the Directors and Board in our decision making
- Perform other duties as assigned that are commensurate with the role.
Closing date: Monday 11th July at 9am
Interview date: Friday 15th July