This is a new and exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic person to enter into community fundraising here at Alder Hey Children’s Charity.
This role calls for a highly-motivated and organised person who shares our values. The role will play a vital part in supporting the day to day activity of the Community Fundraising Team in undertaking a wide variety of fundraising activities.
The role will focus on supporting the Community Fundraising Team through administration, stewardship of donors and reporting.
Alder Hey Children’s Charity raises vital funds to help make Alder Hey Children’s Hospital a truly world-class, patient-friendly hospital for the 330,000 patients and families we care for every year.
The Charity helps to fund a range of activities and projects that are designed to enhance and improve the lives of our amazing young patients. This includes the funding of specialist medical equipment to ensure our brilliant surgeons and clinical staff have the most up to date and cutting edge technology available and funding hi-tech distraction equipment designed and proven to reduce pain and anxiety in our patients. We also fund a range of programmes and special projects such as our ward musicians, our on-site magician and the play specialists we have on every ward.
In Spring 2020 we launched our £3m Children’s Mental Health Appeal, highlighting that 70% of young people with a mental health condition are currently missing out on vital mental health interventions at a sufficiently early age. The appeal is now coming to a close and in September 2021 we launched our new Surgical Neonatal Appeal to raise £3m towards a brand new, state of the art Surgical Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) at the hospital.
Key Responsibilities will include:
- Support the Community Fundraising Team with the administration of bespoke, third party and donor led events. Including (but not limited to) sending packs and resources out, communication of event information and appropriate thanking.
- Manage the Community Fundraising and retail email inbox.
- Diarise Community Fundraising team meetings, take appropriate minutes and distribute actions.
- Manage the Community Fundraising shared drive and filing system.
- Work with the Community Fundraiser to identify potential Young Ambassadors and create Ambassador Packs.
- Manage the stock control of Community Event Resources.
- Audit and monitor the Charity collection boxes.
- Manage community contacts within salesforce ensuring they have up to date information.
- Be the first point of contact for on-line giving donors and monitor the online giving platforms including JustGiving, Enthuse, Go Fund Me and ensure that each donor has relevant communications.
- Manage the donor led event diary, providing appropriate resources where required.
- Produce regular financial and fundraising reports on various Community Fundraising Income streams using the charity CRM (Salesforce).
- Monitor Community Fundraising income and check it’s appropriately coded on Salesforce.
- Ensure that relevant members of the Community Fundraising Team are aware of on-line fundraising activity.
- Work alongside the Operations and Finance Teams to monitor income.
- Attendance at community fundraising events.
- Be an outstanding advocate for Alder Hey Children’s Charity in line with the core values of the organisation.
- Be an active and supportive member of the Alder Hey Children’s Charity team, contributing to the team’s development and working collaboratively with colleagues and volunteers.
- Gain and maintain in-depth knowledge and understanding of the Charity’s work, priorities and future plans and act as a spokesperson for the Charity when required, including representing at external events as appropriate.
- Support the Operations Team when in the office by answering phones and serving on the front desk when the office is busy.
- Any other reasonable duties as required by your line manager.
Please note, the role may at times include lifting and manual handling.
Here at Alder Hey Children’s Charity, our values guide the way in which we work. By being courageous, working together, being passionate about our work, and making sure that we are creative in what we do, helps us to deliver the support necessary so that our Hospital can continue to deliver the very best care for our young patients and their families. Our values are:
Courage: we try new things and take risks to innovate and drive forward new ideas. We have the courage to speak up and take a stance. We are accountable, responsive and responsible. We are unstoppable.
Together: we work together as one team, sharing our knowledge and learning. We work in partnership with patients, families, supporters and colleagues. We are respectful, celebrate diversity and empower each other to achieve our aims.
Passion: we are passionate about what we do and why we do it. We work together to share and grow. We inspire others.
Magical: we are fun, creative and child led. We create special moments, provide little extras and go further for our brave young patients.
This role is office based within Alder Hey Children's Hospital, will require some evening and weekend working and some travel throughout the North-West.
How to apply
You can apply by clicking the link below. Applications must include your CV and a covering letter which explains how you meet the requirements of the role.
Additional information is included within the Job Description and Person Specification. If you have any questions about the role please contact Cath Harding, Head of Community Fundraising (details available on the Charity website).
Closing date: Wednesday 18th May 2022
Interviews: Monday 23rd and Tuesday 24th May 2022
Alder Hey Children’s Charity will make every endeavour to make any reasonable adjustments for applicants who require assistance in carrying out their duties due to a disability. Alder Hey Children’s Charity is committed to equal opportunities and positively welcomes applications from all sections of the community. Alder Hey Children’s Charity is committed to safeguarding children and vulnerable adults. The post holder may be required to complete an enhanced DBS disclosure check.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.