A significant supporting role for an experienced fundraising/administrative officer within a small, friendly and innovative team exploring new ideas to significantly increase income.
Alex, The Leukodystrophy Charity is an independent charity for people with one of a group of rare but life-threatening conditions which attacks the brain and nervous system – leukodystrophy.
There are a number of different leukodystrophies, and we expanded our remit in May 2019 to cover all these conditions and continue providing support, advice and information for families facing the challenges and issues leukodystrophy brings.
This expansion included changing our name and logo from ALD Life to Alex TLC, increasing our potential for bringing in new income streams to help fund our valuable work.
The Fundraising and Administration Officer post is a role for someone with fundraising and administration experience, with an emphasis on grant applications.
Working with our great team, our clients and our contacts in similar charities and the medical professions, you will help deliver our overall strategy with an emphasis on fundraising and communications.
The role also offers scope for promotion after successful completion of funding milestones and capability assessments.
The role supports our Senior Management Team in a variety of tasks including:
- Grant applications
- Assisting the Communications Manager
- Assisting the Chief Finance Officer and Accounts Manager
- Database management
- Distribution of fundraising materials
- Organisation of filing and archive systems
- Management of stationery requirements
- Any additional duties when reasonable and necessary
- To uphold the values and ethos of the charity
- To work as a member of our team
KEY ATTRIBUTES AND EXPERIENCE
- Experience of charity fundraising and grant applications
- First class written and verbal communications
- Excellent IT skills including Office 365
- Comfortable and confident with social media
- Experience of non-profit CRM systems (preferable)
- Extremely well organised and self-motivated