Job Title: Volunteer Coordinator
Reporting to: Retail Area Manager
OVERALL PURPOSE OF ROLE
MAIN ACTIVITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The purpose of this voluntary role is to build a robust and sustainable voluntary team to support retail staff working in the Alex TLC charity shops and office staff with administrative tasks.
Working with paid staff, the Volunteer Coordinator will:
- review, develop and implement relevant strategies, policies and procedures for the recruitment of new volunteers and continued engagement of existing volunteers;
- ensure all volunteers receive appropriate induction and training;
- research new sources of voluntary help;
- work as a team member, taking full responsibility for all duties undertaken;
- participate in all training and legislative checks required by Alex TLC, statutory and specific to role.
CUSTOMER RESPONSIBILITIES (INTERNAL & EXTERNAL)
Maintain excellent levels of communication and customer service (remembering customer service extends to colleagues (paid and voluntary), service providers and customers), going above and beyond where possible.
Alex TLC fully appreciates the value of volunteers and their time; this role requires an initial minimum time commitment of one day per week.
OTHER FEATURES OF JOB
Expenses for lunch and travel.
Opportunity to attend the Alex TLC Community Weekend and meet sufferers of leukodystrophy and their families. Volunteers assist in the running of activities during the Weekend and attend the social events included.
South East London Alex TLC charity shop premises, primarily our Peckham site.
EDUCATION, QUALIFICATIONS AND TRAINING
- ‘A’ Level/equivalent or University education
- Qualification relevant to working within charity sector
- Volunteer recruitment or management
- Charity sector work
WORK BASED COMPETENCIES
- excellent computer skills, particularly Microsoft Word and Excel;
- excellent organisational and administrative skills;
- excellent communication skills;
- an interest in Alex TLC and the work that we do.
- Ability to work independently and in a team
- Calm under pressure