The Alexandra Rose Charity (ARC) runs the UK’s leading model in food voucher financial incentives. ARC was founded over 100 years ago to improve access to health care for Londoners on low incomes. Since 2014 we’ve turned our attention to address the linked issues of food poverty & unhealthy diets. We’ve pioneered the use of financial incentives through the development of the Rose Vouchers for Fruit & Veg Project. The Project has grown from two small pilots supporting 45 families, to today, where we support over 1,900 families every week in seven areas across the UK – four London Boroughs, Barnsley, Liverpool and our newest project in Glasgow. In Spring 2022 we are launching our eighth project in the London Borough of Tower Hamlets.
Main Purpose of the Role
We’re looking for a passionate, experienced, delivery-focused Project Coordinator, to join our growing team. The Project Coordinator will support the development, design and launch of our new project in Tower Hamlets while also working with the wider team to support our work in neighbouring London Boroughs.
Working directly to ARC’s Operations Project Manager, the Project Coordinator will be responsible for supporting local projects through engagement with our local delivery partners. This will include working closely with children’s centres and community organisations to support project delivery as well as identifying opportunities to grow the scheme with existing and new partners. The post holder will also be responsible for the development and maintenance of local retailer relationships including engaging with Market Management Teams, supporting individual traders and retailers who are members of the scheme, and helping to identify new retail opportunities.
The post holder will be a part of our Operations Team made up of the Projects Officer, Projects Coordinator (for our projects in Barnsley, Liverpool, and Glasgow) and the Operations Project Manager who leads the Team. The individual will work closely with wider staff, in particular, the Impact & Evaluation Manager who will be responsible for developing and delivering the charity’s Evaluation Framework and implementing new methodologies for measuring impact.
The post will be focussed on the development of the new project in Tower Hamlets but will also work across our other London project areas when needed. The ideal candidate will live within proximity to project locations. The post holder will also be expected on occasion to travel to Brighton, where a number of key staff are based and where the charity’s main office is located. All costs related to such travel will be covered by the charity.
The post holder must be comfortable working in collaboration with many partners and stakeholders and have good communication and relationship management skills. A structured approach to work and attention to detail will be essential to help support the work of the charity over the coming years.
The Project Coordinator role supports the charity’s ambitions to achieve our Five-Year Strategy for 2020/21 to 2024/25 which outlines our aim of growing from seven projects to twelve by the end of the five years while increasing the number of families we support from 1,900 to 5,000. The post holder will therefore, play an important part in ensuring we can develop our operations to support existing project partners, alongside growing the projects in line with the targets set in our strategy and by our funders.
- Project coordination – support the development, design and delivery of the Rose Vouchers for Fruit & Veg Project in Tower Hamlets and neighbouring London Boroughs
- Coordinate local partnership relationships and secure continued buy in from key stakeholders
- Coordinate the growth of family numbers and vouchers in each area to ensure that budgets are not exceeded but targets for family numbers are met
- Support local projects to host and coordinate regular steering group meetings
- Develop and coordinate relationships with local retailers and markets
- Promote the project locally to attract new stakeholders, project partners and potential funders
- Work with the Impact & Evaluation Manager to embed processes and procedures for data management and evaluation of project impact
- Work with the Comms and Fundraising Team to identify opportunities to promote the project and access further funding
- Coordinate and deliver training for local project partners on how to deliver, monitor and manage the project locally
- Support the development of project toolkits for delivery partners
- Further responsibilities relevant to & commensurate with the role of Project Coordinator
The post will be home-based (all equipment will be provided). Currently, all staff are working remotely.
We want our organisation to reflect the diversity of the communities we work in and we welcome applications from people from all backgrounds.
Job Description and Personal Specification are outlined in the attachment.
Please address any enquiries regarding the position to the Operations Project Manager, Hannah Dakin.
Please include a CV and covering letter (not to exceed 3 pages) with your application describing how you meet the personal specification criteria.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.