As Alive and Kicking's Fundraising Manager, you will drive the charity's innovative new growth strategy as we widen our reach and strengthen our social impact.
In 2020, AK launched our exciting new three year rolling strategy that aims to strengthen impact across our three main mission areas: Make.Play.Live. Having operated since 2004, the organisation has built a strong reputation for sustainability and innovation, having grown thanks to a combination of our fantastic supporters and the production and sale of AK sports balls.
The Fundraising Manager will focus on income generation by executing and then building on the new fundraising strategy. This will focus on growing revenue from AK’s innovative regular giving programme, building relationships with corporates, trusts and foundations, and driving AK’s bespoke fundraising events programme.
In doing so, the successful candidate will help AK to create more ethical jobs for adults from communities facing disadvantage and give more young people access to sport and vital health education.
Principal Duties (More details can be found in the attached job pack)
- Manage, develop and grow AK’s new regular giving programme, ensuring a high level of donor retention while creating campaigns and partnerships that grow membership.
- Set up and manage the delivery of AK’s fundraising events programme, driving participation across a range of initiatives.
- Manage and develop relationships with all Major Donors, Trusts, Foundations and Corporates to maximise income via a diverse range of income streams.
- Manage preparation and submission of grant and project proposals and look after all reporting requirements stipulated under partnership agreements.
- Support and upskill country operations in their development and submission of proposals to local funders.
Person Specification (More details can be found in the attached job pack)
- Experience raising money through a successful regular giving programme.
- Experience raising money through a calendar of fundraising events.
- Experience in creating, building and maintaining strong relationships.
- Experience in raising funds from multiple income streams i.e. corporates, trusts and foundations, events and/or major donors.
- Experience in creating, managing and reporting against budgets.
- Experience writing bids and proposals for funding.
- Experience in executing and developing a fundraising strategy.
Essential Skills and Values
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to create compelling bids and proposals that clearly illustrate the impact of AK’s work.
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills with the ability to build networks and represent the organisation at a senior level.
- An innovative thinker who can bring creative ideas to life.
- Self-starter, highly driven and motivated with a proactive approach to work.
- Enthusiasm for not only organising, but also taking part in fundraising and challenge events.
How to Apply
Please read the attached job pack and send your CV and a covering letter (no more than two pages long, addressing how you meet each point on the Person Specification) to the email address in the job pack or directly through ChairtyJob by 5.00pm Monday 26th April 2021.
Interviews are planned for the week beginning April 26th and will take place online.
Alive and Kicking Overview
Alive and Kicking (AK) exist to create a happier, healthier and more accessible society. We empower and impact the lives and livelihoods of people facing disadvantage by producing and championing a sports ball like no other - creating access to jobs, play and vital health education.
Make. Through the production of high quality AK sports balls, we create ethical employment for adults from vulnerable job groups.
Play. Through our partnerships we use AK sports balls to give young people facing disadvantage regular access to sport, play and exercise.
Live. Through our innovative award winning health education programmes, delivered directly through sport, we use AK sports balls to give young people facing disadvantage access to vital health education.