Role: Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
Reports to: Board of Trustees, headquarters
Responsible for: support programmes development, fundraising & partnerships, advocacy activities, communications, personnel management, administrative tasks, reporting
Contract: permanent, full time
Salary: up to £50,000 per annum (pro rata), depending on experience
Alivia Foundation was established in Poland in 2010 to support cancer patients and caregivers. We’ve quickly grown to be the number one cancer charity in the country. Alivia Foundation provides patients with important services, which allow them to fight the disease more effectively. We guide people suffering from cancer through the complex alleyways of the healthcare system. We demand better care and treatment. Our voice has had a significant impact on decision makers and public institutions. Alivia’s campaigns are award winning and include the prestigious Effie Award and Mixx Award. Our ambition is to support cancer patients professionally and effectively.
After 10 years of dynamic and successful development we are launching internationally and believe we can also make a difference in the UK.
About the role
You will be the first CEO of Alivia Foundation UK. During the first year of your work you will focus on starting first support programmes for cancer patients, building relations with partners and launching communication and fundraising activities (both corporate and individual).
As CEO, you will be the public face for Alivia Foundation UK activities and will become an active advocate for cancer patients. You will collaborate with the Alivia Foundation headquarters in Poland, which will share with you strategic plans, know-how, experience, tools and products. You will be responsible for financial and outcome related reporting (both to authorities and within organisation). You will manage the budget of the organisation and will be responsible for hiring new staff. You must be able to travel to London and to our office in Warsaw, Poland.
What we are looking for:
- Senior management experience working within a charity (preferably healthcare related)
- Income generation and fundraising
- Public relations and influencing decision makers
- Working in start-up and multi-stakeholder environments
- Financial, risk, HR and performance management
- Planning and financial forecasting
- Experience of being a patient or caregiver
Understanding and knowledge
- Good understanding of cancer patients’ problems and the challenges they face
- Good knowledge related to the structure and functions of the UK healthcare system
- Working knowledge of all relevant charity policy and legislation
- Ability to work in a start-up environment
- Ability to build organisational structures, design business processes and create procedures
- Ability to deliver and manage support services intended for mass recipients
- Self-reliance and hands-on skills - quick to identify problems and offer solutions
- Analytical skills, financial acumen
- Good communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Ability to build positive relationships with patients, caregivers, partners, decision makers, vendors, employees
- Personal credibility, resilience and presence
How to apply:
Please apply on Charityjob portal. Please note that we will reply to selected candidates only. We kindly request no contact from agencies.
If you apply, Alivia Foundation UK will collect and store your resume and contact details. We process this data for recruitment purposes only. We are storing this data securely in our IT system, and we will not share it with anyone else.
We would like to keep this data until our open role is filled. When that period is over, we will either delete your data or inform you that we will keep it in our database for future roles.
You have the right to lodge a complaint about the way we handle your data with supervisory authority or you can contact our Data Protection Officer for more information or concerns.