SEO Finance Business Partner x2 – Head Office
Salary: £40,166 – £45,294 (+ £3000 Fully Qualified Accountancy Allowance)
Organisation: Ministry of Defence
Location: Central London
This Finance Business Partner (SEO) management role will assist the lead Financial Business Partner to deliver the Financial Function to the Business Area, providing a key leadership role, financial acumen and financial advice to the Directorate. You will have a proven ability to lead and manage a small team with equally exemplary stakeholder management and business understanding.
As a key member of the Head Office Finance Business Partner team, you will fulfil a broad range of responsibilities which include:
- Line management responsibilities for staff, encouraging training and development, ensuring staff are given opportunities to broaden their skills.
- Provide SME technical, financial insight and expertise to the Financial Business Partner Lead.
- Partner with the business to deliver planning, budgeting and forecasting in accordance with the departmental timetable.
- Support the Financial Business Partners with accurate financial information and challenge the Business Areas on their numbers as they are held to account.
- Support Business Areas to ensure financial knowledge and practices are understood and used appropriately in business decisions.
- Support programmes and provide financial evaluation to business cases.
- Liaise with stakeholders to gather and challenge assumptions and improve the accuracy of financial work.
- Ensure financial activity within Business Areas is robust, effective and compliant with HMT, Cabinet Office and MOD controls.
- Gather analysis and report financial risks as appropriate.
- Assist the Financial Business Partner Leads to help business understand the implications of decisions, the cost drivers and how to interpret the financial implications of decisions made.
- Support the construction of business cases.
- Provide accounting advice and produce a set of accounts in accordance with international financial reporting standards and central Government accounting rules.
- A CCAB Qualified Accountant or currently studying an accountancy qualification with the desire to become fully qualified ( which MOD will support, we will have details on study support package etc) We will still be looking for finalist level/ qualified accountants for the C1 FBP roles..
- Proven ability to lead and motivate a small team.
- A strong track record in supporting finance teams on a range of activities including financial forecasting, financial planning, budgetary and financial control.
- Excellent relationship management skills and personal credibility with senior stakeholders combined with a strong customer service ethos.
- Ability to get the Business and senior financial leadership focused on critical issues. Helping to ensure that financial insight is provided and taken into consideration during the development of strategic plans.
- Experience of working closely with the business to understand underlying drivers of performance and cost; and providing financial insight to improve value for money.
- Clear demonstration of an ability to support change and help with continuous improvement and risk management.
- Communicating and Influencing
- Changing and improving
- Making effective decisions
We are currently recruiting a number of finance positions at the Ministry of Defence. This includes a total of 8 SEO Finance Business partners at the same salary bracket and an additional 5 business partnering vacancies at more senior levels.
Please note that the deadline for full applications (including the supporting statement and diversity monitoring form) is the 5th of November, further information on both of these can be found on the Allen Lane website.