Department for Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy
Financial Accountant x3
£38,500 - £43,430 + £8,895 Accountancy Allowance
The BEIS Financial Reporting & Control function are looking for an exceptional finance professional with the necessary experience, skills and personal qualities for Senior Executive Officer (SEO) Financial Accountant role within the Core Financial Accounting team. This is an exciting and important role within the finance function requiring the ability to gain credibility, providing accounting expertise to maintain the financial ledgers, and is an excellent opportunity to play an important and active part in the strategic direction of BEIS. We will provide you with the opportunity for an interesting and worthwhile career and support you with training and development.
Key Responsibilities will include:
- Build understanding of the Oracle accounting system used to prepare the accounts and maintain high levels of integrity of that data;
- Engage with key stakeholders to ensure these systems are fit for purpose;
- Work with BEIS shared service provider (UKSBS) to maintain the integrity of the ledger and a quality service;
- Provide support and accounting advice to the wider business;
- Collaborate with the wider finance community within BEIS to mitigate accounting risks, working to mitigate these risks so that the Departmental Accounts are free of material errors;
- Undertake the monthly review and reconciliation of key ledger balances alongside the documentation for audit purposes and accounting reviews of complex financial accounting areas;
- Streamlining and improving the current monthly processes
- Engaging with the external auditors, the National Audit Office (NAO), to ensure that the audit process runs smoothly;
You will be a results driven, collaborative team player, with good attention to detail and the ability and communication skills to build good working relationships at all levels across the BEIS family. You will be passionate about great public services and delivering on the BEIS objectives.
We have a strong track record in the Department for providing opportunities and support for future progression to finance leadership roles, so we welcome applications from ambitious finance professionals. These roles can also act as a springboard into other roles within BEIS and also our partner organisations.
Essential Skills and Experience
- Fully qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIPFA or CIMA);
- Significant experience of International Financial Reporting Standards;
- Ability to analyse technical financial issues and to communicate effectively complex financial information and risks to a wide range of stakeholders;
- Experience of accounting systems;
- Evidence of delivering at pace under challenging circumstances
- Ability to build trusting relationships with stakeholders and influence them with impact and professional credibility