My client is a world-renowned performance venue, associated with the best talent on a global stage. An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the Finance function as an interim Financial Accountant. This is a great chance for a technically strong and systems savvy Accountant to join a passionate, proactive and innovative team.
- Manage the day-to-day operation of various finance functions, including: Balance sheet, tax, systems oversight, bank & treasury and financial controls.
- Supervise the monthly close process, managing workflow to ensure deadlines are met.
- Manage one direct report.
- Provide technical advice and support to the team and to internal clients.
- Support the Financial Controller in their role when needed.
- A CCAB-qualified accountant with a working knowledge of current UK GAAP.
- Experience of VAT (including partial exemption), and other Charity-related technical issues eg. Charities SORP requirements would be a distinct advantage.
- Excellent technical accounting skills, including a thorough grasp of the concept of double entry, profit and loss statements and balance sheets, including accounting for accruals, prepayments and accrued and deferred income.
- Highly organised and motivated, with strong attention to detail, and the passion and ability to develop, streamline and improve financial and administrative systems and controls.