Senior Finance Manager (Band 8b)
Salary: Band 8b (£57,049 - £67,397*)
Location: South East London and Kent
* Inclusive of outer London weighting
We are delighted to be supporting Oxleas NHS Foundation Trust in recruiting two Senior Finance Managers.
- Senior Finance Manager – Corporate Services, Forensic and Prison Services and Estates
- Senior Finance Manager – Children and Young People’s Services and Bexley Directorate
Oxleas NHS Foundation Trust offer a wide range of health and social care services in South East London, specialising in mental health, community health and learning disability services. They have been the main provider of specialist mental health care in Bexley, Bromley and Greenwich for more than ten years and have developed a comprehensive portfolio of services in community and hospital settings.
You will be responsible for providing high quality, accurate, expert financial advice to managers outside of finance to ensure the best decisions are made. You will act as the finance business partner for either Corporate Services, Forensic and Prison Services and Estates or Children and Young People’s Services and Bexley Directorate.
Senior Finance Manager Key Responsibilities:
- Liaising with internal stakeholders such as Directors, Service Managers, Finance staff, Business and Service Improvement Managers, Budget holders throughout the Trust, HR and IT staff.
- Liaising with external stakeholders such as auditors, finance staff in other NHS organisations and local authorities.
- Leading a team of 3 management accountants to provide highly complex strategic financial and business advice across multiple directorates.
- Analyse highly complex problems relating to business cases and make judgements on financial and business decisions relating to the allocation of finances.
- Make a significant contribution to the production of business cases and to the Trust’s long and short term business planning processes. Co-ordinate the work of business managers, budget managers and other staff in order to achieve this objective.
- Take a proactive approach to developing own skills and experience and that of others.
Senior Finance Manager Person Specification:
To be considered for these roles, you must be a CCAB Qualified Accountant with post-qualification experience in a large, multi-disciplinary organisation. Financial management experience covering both management and financial accounting is desirable and experience managing teams/leading people is essential. The Trust’s values include EXCELLENCE, BEING RESPONSIVE, PARTNERSHIP AND LEARNING. It is important that your values are inline with this and that you are a proactive, team player.
Senior Finance Manager Package:
- Salary: Band 8b (£57,049 - £67,397*)
- Flexible working
- 27 days annual leave + 8 bank holidays (holiday entitlement raises to 33 days with service)
- Annual Recognition Awards
- Excellent Learning and Development opportunities
- Excellent Pension Scheme: employee contribution 12.5% (at Band 8b) + 20.6% employer contribution
- Free on-site parking
To find out more information about the Trust, the job opportunities and to receive the full job descriptions, please apply or contact Brooke Cooper at Allen Lane. Applications close on Wednesday 11th September and interviews will follow shortly after. EARLY APPLICATIONS ARE STRONGLY ENCOURAGED.