Assistant Charity Accountant
Bridge House Estates (BHE) is a charitable trust for which the City of London Corporation is sole trustee. Its funding arm, the City Bridge Trust (CBT) awards around £20m each year, supporting community charitable causes across Greater London. Since 1995 we have awarded nearly 8,000 grants totalling over £400million. This role sits within the City Corporation and supports Bridge Houses Estates and other charities for which the City Corporation is trustee.
This is an opportunity for a charity specialist to support a registered charity that has strong links to the governing body of the City of London, bringing charity accounting acumen and outstanding communication skills to the 7th largest charity in the UK by asset value.
- To provide specialist charity finance advice to staff at all levels across the organisation on the financial assessment and management of the charities who have applied for funding
- To support funding decision making for CBT and for other charities of which the City Corporation is the trustee
- To lead on the financial due diligence process of applications to the City Corporation’s Neighbourhood Fund, working closely with funding managers.
- To support the provision of financial training to funding managers on charity accounting requirements
- To support with year-end audit and the compilation of annual reports of charities of which the City Corporation is Trustee when relevant
- To keep yourself and colleagues abreast of legislative changes relevant to the above responsibilities
- A qualified or finalist accountant (ACA, CIMA, ACCA, CIPFA)
- As this role is for a subject-matter-expert, experience of charity accounting from either an internal or audit perspective is absolutely essential
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills, and the ability to productively convey financial concepts to colleagues with accuracy and tact
- Application deadline: Sunday 15th November at 23:59
- 1st Stage Interviews: w/c 30th November
- 2nd Stage Interviews: w/c 7th December
Please note we are recruiting a more senior role in conjunction with this one, so if you feel this position is of interest but not quite at your level, please see the advert for the ‘Charity Accountant’. There is also a brief application form to be completed, which can be sent to you upon request.
Please contact Emma Jaggs at Allen Lane for further information or to apply.