Allen Lane are delighted to be working with Action for Children on the recruitment of a number of exciting roles that will directly manage them through an exciting 3 year digital transformation programme.
This is a wonderful opportunity to become part of a leading UK Charity that help hundreds of thousands of children every year across over four hundred services. Their successful reach and impact is reliant on the sound infrastructure that supports their frontline services, including technology and digital. The Change Manager vacancy is a brand new role in the team, and is integral to the success of the digital transformation.
You will be responsible for leading, directing, coordinating and providing visibility into the organisation’s change management efforts as part of the ambitious technology and digital transformation strategy. The Change Manager will create change management strategies and develop change workstreams that maximise employees’ change readiness and adoption of those strategies.
- Promote the business vision with a benefits framework that links adoption of change to successful business outcomes.
- Employ a structured change management methodology to facilitate change and promote commitment to adapt to the change.
- Identify pitfalls and potential points of challenge or change aversion. Develop counterstrategies to mitigate or minimise potential issues.
- Work with HR to create mechanisms to de-emphasize old behaviors and encourage new desired ones. This process may involve redesigning jobs and defining new behavioral competencies and performance metrics.
- Conduct an impact assessment for stakeholders affected by the change items. Regularly review the stakeholder community to assess potential change fatigue.
- Promote and provide ongoing coaching and mentoring about change management practices to senior leadership, stakeholder managers and project managers to increase their effectiveness in driving sustainable change.
- Perform quantitative assessment of change success and change adoption. Solicit feedback from stakeholders to determine the success of change management activities and ensure that behavioral changes align with strategic objectives.
- Track record of successful organisational change management
- Three or more years of experience in cross-functional areas or leading cross-functional organisational projects
- Experience of soliciting advice, support, championship, sponsorship and commitment that result in a smooth transition of change and the development of mutually acceptable solutions
- Good working knowledge of industry-standard project management methodologies and project life cycles
Action for Children are committed to allowing employees to work predominantly remotely, therefore candidates must be willing to travel to the Watford office only occassionally.
Employee benefits include:
29 days annual leave per year plus bank holidays
Cycle scheme and other discounts
Action for Children also welcome applicants seeking flexible hours or pro rata 4 days a week.