Bridge House Estates (BHE) is a charitable trust for which the City of London Corporation is sole trustee. Its funding arm, the City Bridge Trust (CBT) awards around £20m each year, supporting community charitable causes across Greater London. Since 1995 we have awarded nearly 8,000 grants totalling over £400million. This role sits within the City Corporation and supports Bridge Houses Estates and other charities for which the City Corporation is trustee.
This is an opportunity for a charity specialist to support a registered charity that has strong links to the governing body of the City of London, bringing charity accounting acumen and outstanding communication skills to the 7th largest charity in the UK by asset value.
- To provide strategic charity finance advice to staff at all levels across the organisation
- Financial modelling and analysis of the permanent endowment fund and reserves of the charity in order to continue the long term aims of supporting charitable objectives within the capital
- High-level reviewing of colleague’s assessments of the financial due diligence and sustainability of the charities who have applied for funding
- To support the rationalisation of the portfolio of charities of which the City Corporation is Trustee
- To assess the impact of legislative updates relevant to the charity, including from the Charity Commission, and advise senior colleagues on the appropriate response where necessary
- Line management of the Assistant Charity Accountant
- To lead on the provision of 1-to-1 and group financial training to CBT’s funding managers on charity accounting requirements
- A qualified accountant (ACA, CIMA, ACCA, CIPFA)
- Outstanding excel skills, to contribute to scenario planning relating to the charity’s reserves to enable strategic planning of charitable funding decisions
- As this role is for a subject-matter-expert, significant experience of charity accounting from either an internal or audit perspective is absolutely essential
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills, and the ability to influence strategic decision making with authority and tact
- Application deadline: Sunday 15th November at 23:59
- 1st Stage Interviews: w/c 30th November
- 2nd Stage Interviews: w/c 7th December
Please note we are recruiting another role in conjunction with this one, please see the advert for the ‘Assistant Charity Accountant’. There is also a brief application form to be completed, which can be sent to you upon request.
Please contact Emma Jaggs at Allen Lane for further information or to apply.