A large grant giving charity in central London are looking for an experiences charity accountant to support their grant-giving teams, ensuring due diligence is observed and charity specific financial regulations are adhered to.
- To provide specialist charity finance advice to non-financial colleagues
- To support the assessment of the financial health of grant applicants
- To undertake due diligence in relation to potential charity grantees to ensure grants are awarded effectively and appropriately
- To assist with timely training of non-financial colleagues on financial information relevant to their roles
- A fully qualified or finalist accountant, you must be able to demonstrate you have up to date technical knowledge of a full finance qualification (ACA, ACCA, CIMA, CIPFA)
- Sound knowledge of Charity SORP, Charity Commission Governance and tax regulations relevant to charities
- You must have experience in an accountancy role in the third sector (this can be in-house experience or from auditing registered charities)
- Financial Accounting experience in a grant-making charity is desirable, but not essential.
- Outstanding verbal communication skills and demonstrable experience of working with senior stakeholders
- Experience of working with an integrated finance system (ideally Oracle) and outstanding Excel skills
Please note that this role will interview and start on a remote basis, but this position will be based in Central London once it is safe to do so.
Initial conversations on this role will be happening on a rolling basis, please contact Emma Jaggs at Allen Lane for more information or to apply.