A prestigious performing arts school in South London is looking for a bright finance manager to join their tight-knit team. This role is ideal for a finalist accountant, looking for a broad role with development opportunities and a clear path to management. If you have experience of financial accounting in a charity or arts setting and are looking to broaden your experience and grow your career, this role could be great for you!
If you are part qualified, this role comes with study support as well as progression to line management and greater responsibilities. The salary for this role is £36,000 - £38,000.
- Overseeing month end
- Business partnering with key stakeholders in the organisation (the plan is for the successful candidate to take on more complex departments as they develop into this role)
- Responsibility of monthly and quarterly reconciliations of key control accounts
- Liaising with HR to process monthly payroll in line with all internal and external procedures
- Supporting the Head of Finance with the upcoming audit in September (you may be asked to come into the office for a few days in September for this, other than this it is estimated you will be working from home until early 2021)
- A solutions-focused and adaptable personality is essential, this is a small finance team so co-operation is essential for the smooth running of the department
- Outstanding communication skills
- A solid grounding in financial accounting theory
- ACA/ACCA/CIMA part qualified or qualified
- Exposure to one of: Charity SORP, VAT partial exemption, charity or arts finance team (this exposure can be external e.g. through auditing accounts prepared in line with Charity SORP)
- Financial Accounting experience with either some exposure to, or desire to progress into business partnering responsibilities
- Experience of ledger management and complex reconciliations
A note on COVID-19:
- This organisation has already on-boarded someone remotely during lockdown and are on secure financial footing.
- All interviews will be held remotely and you will be working from home for the foreseeable future
Interviews are being held in the week commencing the 20th July, to find out more contact Emma at Allen Lane.