My client is a wonderful children’s and education charity, dedicated to equality in learning and ensuring no child is left behind. They are a fairly small but complex organisation in terms of structure and diverse income, therefore this role is varied, interesting and gets involved right across the business. This is a really exciting time to join the charity, with a new leader, new strategy and loads of potential for improvement projects. Although this role is initially a 6 month contract, there is a hope the right candidate will become permanent.
- Responsible for timely production of accurate monthly management accounts, including journal processing.
- Business partnering with budget-holders: review management accounts, ensure budgets are robust and that forecasts are as accurate as possible.
- Undertake financial and non-financial analysis and provide reports to support strategic and operational decision making.
- Support the Head of Finance Assisting in the year end process including preparation of schedules to support the annual statutory accounts, reconciliations of balance sheet accounts, responding to audit queries and ensuring a smooth audit process.
- In partnership with the Head of Finance, development and implementation of effective policies and systems
- Working closely with school business managers to ensure understanding of the government funding regime for schools is up to date and embedded within budgets.
The successful candidate will be a qualified accountant with strong all round accounting experience in an SME environment. They will be an excellent communicator, collaborative, diplomatic, flexible and highly organised. They will ideally have education or charity sector experience, but most importantly they will be an inquisitive accountant who will get out into the business and seek improvements in the finance function.