Marie Curie provide care and support for people across the UK living with any terminal illness. An opportunity to join this life-changing charity has arisen, as Marie Curie are looking for a finalist or qualified Financial Accountant to join the finance team alongside the new Financial Controller.
This role will be ideal for a person who is a finalist or fully qualified with experience in either an audit firm or in a large finance function.
- Support the Financial Controller in ensuring the accuracy of the Trial Balance by preparing regular reports and analysis for review, coordinating monthly process to review balance sheet reconciliations and to ensure a strong control environment, particularly through regular review of key processes.
- Maintaining an accurate Fixed Asset Register through regular postings, based on review and liaison with Budget Holders. Prepare capital expenditure reports and support in ensuring that all payroll costs are accurately reflected in the Trial Balance.
- Preparing timely and accurate VAT returns any handling other tax related queries whilst supporting the year end process to deliver a clean audit.
- Preparation of cash flow reports and forecasts for Financial Controller.
Requirements for the role:
- Extensive financial accounting and tax experience in roles within a medium/large sized finance function or audit firm
- Knowledge of key principles and concepts needed for strong financial controls (Charity sector specific knowledge is desirable)
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Recognised accountancy qualification (ACA, CIMA, ACCA or CIPFA)
- Ability to understand complex processes and drive through improvements
- Closing Date: 31st July 2020 (applications being reviewed on a rolling basis)
- Interview date: 5th - 7th August 2020
To find out more, please contact Emma Jaggs at Allen Lane for an informal conversation, or apply below to be considered.