My client is a UK charity with a rich history which exists to provide support to vulnerable members of society. We are looking for a driven and enthusiastic Financial Controller to provide high quality support to the finance team.
Reporting to the Director of Finance, the Financial Controller is a key position responsible for the maintenance of all finance, accounting and reporting activities across the organisation. Principal activities include:
- Being responsible for grants management, including monitoring budgets throughout the grant/funding period and preparing financials for grant proposals, renewals and annual funding requests.
- Leading on budgeting, forecasting and month end reporting, including commentary for and presentation to senior management;
- Leading the preparation of annual report and accounts in compliance with relevant accounting standards;
- Preparation of quarterly VAT, cash flow forecasting and consolidated accounts;
- Communicating complex financial information and influencing and building rapport with a range of internal and external stakeholders.
The successful candidate will be fully qualified and to come from an audit, charity or commercial background. We are looking for a friendly and open individual, with excellent organisational and communication skills. Suitable candidates will have exceptional attention to detail but will also be capable of stepping back and assessing the bigger picture. This would be a fantastic opportunity for a newly qualified professional looking to make the first move out of practice.
To apply please send your CV via the link. For an informal conversation about the role, please contact Bryony Feeney at Allen Lane.