Allen Lane are pleased to be partnering with a London University on the recruitment of a permanent Financial Returns Manager. This key role will report the Head of Finance and Analysis and be responsible for proving financial return to the Universities external bodies.
The University operates a highly regulated environment so it is paramount that the University maintain and regulate revenue, which can be influenced by external factors now and in the future.
- Acting as a key point of contact for externally and internally for finance lead returns.
- Production of statutory returns with a focus on course costings and budgets
- Taking the lead and ownership of all finance driven University returns including TRAC, TRAC-T, VAT exemption, AFR, HE-BCI and HEIF.
- Documenting the end to end process for the returns, provide meaningful insights to aid decision making
- Presenting the outcomes of the returns to the senior leadership team, with insights on the key drivers and the wider impact to the university in regards to external funding
- Working with colleagues across the university to optimise funding and University rankings
- Providing advice to colleagues around financial returns and presenting information to senior leaders
The Ideal candidate:
- A qualified Accountant
- Previous experience in a similar role in the Higher education sector is highly desirable
- Extensive experience in a finance business Partnering, Planning and Analysis
- Experience of statutory returns in an Higher education or regulated industry is highly desirable