A large grant giving charity in central London are looking for an experienced charity accountant to business partner with their grant-making teams and manage a Financial Accountant
- Providing strategic charity finance advice to non-financial colleagues
- Assessing the financial health of grant applicants in order to support decision making
- Undertaking financial modelling of the underlying assets and investment of the charity, scenario modelling to decide the appropriate amount to be given in grants in a given period
- Identifying training needs of non-financial colleagues and delivering financial information relevant to their roles
- Line management of one Financial Accountant
- A fully qualified accountant, you must be able to demonstrate you have up to date technical knowledge of a full finance qualification (ACA, ACCA, CIMA, CIPFA)
- Detailed knowledge of Charity SORP, Charity Commission Governance and tax regulations relevant to charities
- You must have significant experience in an accountancy role in the third sector (this can be in-house experience or from auditing registered charities)
- Accounting experience in a grant-making charity is desirable, but not essential.
- Outstanding verbal communication skills and demonstrable experience of working with senior stakeholders
- Experience of working with an integrated finance system (ideally Oracle) and outstanding Excel skills
Please note that this role will interview and start on a remote basis, but this position will be based in Central London once it is safe to do so.
Initial conversations on this role will be happening on a rolling basis, please contact Emma Jaggs at Allen Lane for more information or to apply.