Head of Finance
Head of Finance
£60,000 - £65,000
Permanent, flexible working
Hybrid working, 3 days a week in office
Offices located in North West London
My client is an arts and heritage organisation that are looking to hire a head of finance, to lead on day to day finance operations and performance reporting. As part of the senior management team you will play a key role in embedding a professional, agile, value for money approach to management of resources and activities, building business effectiveness and resilience to meet its charitable objectives and strategic ambitions. You will join at an exciting time as they have plans t launch key development projects to improve the organisation.
Key areas of responsibilities
- Overall responsibility for preparation and review of monthly management accounts (including income and expenditure statement, balance sheet, cashflow statement, funds summary, salary summary, project summary) and performance reports in an accurate and timely fashion, including any associated commentary and key performance indicators (KPI).
- Lead on the preparation, review and analysis of the year-end financial statements and annual report, in line with relevant reporting standards.
- To provide business partner support to the Senior Management Group and budget-holders in the effective management of their budgets and adherence to policies and processes to ensure best practice.
- Responsibility for tax reporting including VAT (filed monthly), and Gift Aid.
- Lead and motivate staff, both employees and volunteers, ensuring plans are progressed successfully, setting and monitoring objectives and encouraging professional development (through regular 1-2-1s and the annual performance development review process).
Who are we looking for?
- A formally qualified Accountant with relevant experience in a planning and analysis role
- Experience of managing and developing staff.
- An excellent communicator who is able to influence at all levels within the organisation
- Excellent influencing skills and ability to demonstrate rigorous analysis and challenge.
- Ability to work on own initiative, assess priorities and be proactive.
- Excellent IT and financial management software, with good knowledge of databases, spreadsheets and report writing.
- A practical, pragmatic individual, who enjoys working as part of a team in a busy environment
- Good knowledge of SORP and UK GAAP.
My client is fully open to sector experience and committed to delivering a first-class training and induction programme. As such we welcome candidates from industry, charity or practice backgrounds.