Sadler’s Wells – Production Accountant
With over half a million audience members a year and more new dance work presented than any other theatre in the world, a truly unique opportunity for an outstanding Production Accountant has arisen with the iconic dance organisation – Sadler’s Wells.
The role of this Production accountant will be to support the Production and Touring Department (which increases the reach of Sadler’s Wells by a further 1.9 million people) in delivering their stunning global performances, ensuring close collaboration between Producers, creatives and the Financial Director.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Business Partnering with producers and colleagues involved with touring, ensuring financial and analytical support to the Executive Producer for Productions and Touring, including responsibility for drafting production and touring budgets and cash flow forecasts
- Producing monthly management accounts in line with the month end timetable, providing productive commentary on the variances therein for the use of producers
- Preparing reports for relevant stakeholders, including royalties for artists
- Regular reports for the Audit and Risk Committee relating to the activities of the Production and Touring Department
- Preparing international tax exemption applications and supporting the theatre’s annual Tax Relief claims to HMRC
The successful candidate will:
- Hold a full qualification in accountancy such as ACA, CIMA, ACCA or similar
- Be analytical and solution-focussed, with a positive approach to tasks and a desire to deliver to the highest standards
- Have significant experience of complex budgeting, management reporting, forecasting and variance analysis
- Have acute attention to detail, be able to manage with conflicting deadlines and pressurised, time sensitive environments
- A proven track record of outstanding communication skills, stakeholders in this role range across a broad range of disciplines, from numerical to artistic, you must be able to work closely and successfully with them all
- Be committed to artistic excellence, have some experience of working with or passion for the arts, and support the work, aims and mission of Sadler’s Wells
- Ideally have previous experience of SUN accounting software, however this is not required if the above criteria are all met
The salary for this role is £45,000 per annum, with an interest free season ticket loan, 25 days annual leave (rising to 28 after 5 years) and 2x life assurance. You are also encouraged to attend our breath-taking performances while you work here, and will have access to the discretionary allowance of employee tickets.
To apply, please submit your CV and supporting statement by Sunday 1st March. For an informal conversation about the role please contact Emma Jaggs at Allen Lane.