Aiming to reduce the HIV transmission rate to zero, Terrence Higgins Trust is the UK’s leading HIV and sexual health charity. They support individuals who are living with HIV and help people access their national services to promote sexual health.
This role, Senior Management Accountant, is an exciting opportunity to get involved with this iconic organisation in a period of change. Becoming less reliant on statutory accounts, and investing more into fundraising, this role will business partner closely with income generation and projects, providing cost modelling and financial analysis, as well as identifying robust risk and opportunity areas to relevant parts of the organisation. After a robust handover and induction period, this role will be fairly autonomous, forming part of the senior finance team and reporting directly to the finance director.
- Leading on financial analysis to aid decision making across Terrence Higgins Trust, collaborating with stakeholders across THT (particularly income generation) to ensure the best outcome of fundraising programmes, funding applications and commercial schemes
- Creating and monitoring complex budgets with stakeholders, maintaining a strong relationship to mitigate risks and lost opportunities
- Improving the financial reporting framework, ensuring stakeholders remain engaged and are utilising the resources available to them to the full.
- The ability to create and consult on cost modelling for stakeholders
- Some creation of and support with Management Accounts where necessary
- An analytical, emotionally intelligent accountant who enjoys collaboration
- Ability to explain communicate complex financial information to non-financial people, providing advice and insight, and pushing back and influencing where necessary
- High level of excel, or similar demonstrable analytical software use
- Agresso or a similar data mining experience would be beneficial but not essential
- Full finance qualification – ACA, CIMA, CIPFA, ACCA or equivalent
- For this role, we are considering qualified candidates from a range of backgrounds. Direct management accounting experience is not necessarily required, more important is an aptitude and enthusiasm for pulling apart accounts to provide insight, add value, and ensure ROI.
Though initially looking on a full time basis, we are also interested in speaking to candidates who are interested in part time roles. Terrence Higgins Trust is introducing a flexible working policy, including from home and the offices are dog friendly (a particularly exciting dynamic). This agile, refreshing approach is reflected across the charity, including in the accounting practices and makes this a wonderful environment to work in.
If you are interested in this unique opportunity, please apply now or contact Emma at Allen Lane. Applications are being considered on a rolling basis, so apply early!