On 1 January 2020, Asthma UK and the British Lung Foundation merged to become a new charity – the Asthma UK and British Lung Foundation Partnership. The Partnership will bring lasting benefits to everyone in the UK affected by lung diseases including Asthma. We have a three-pronged approach for beneficiaries: research and innovation, influencing work, and patient services delivery. It is a powerful voice for all respiratory diseases for change and to get more, and better, investment in the NHS.
We are looking for a Deputy Director of Finance to take the lead for the financial performance management of the organisation, managing the function operationally, strategically and in relationships with stakeholders, including directing and evolving our finance team.
Reporting into the Chief Operating Officer, the Deputy Director of Finance is key to the Partnership’s success, and your responsibilities include:
- Overall responsibility for the development and successful delivery of the Finance function and providing successful leadership across the Partnership;
- Building an effective and high-performing finance team centred around a business-partnering approach. Leading the Finance Team, motivating and developing them so that that they are clearly focused, competent and work effectively and efficiently;
- Leading on financial planning and developing projections and business models; supporting the development of the Partnership’s new Strategic Plan;
- Communicating complex financial information and influencing and building rapport with a range of internal and external stakeholders;
- Producing the Annual Report and Financial Statements; reporting to Finance & Audit Committee and the Board of Trustees.
The successful candidate will be a qualified accountant from the charity, commercial or wider Public Sector. You will have robust technical skills and a driven and proactive approach. You will be ambitious for yourself and for your team, with a track record of success at a senior level. You will possess a strong sense of commercial acumen, a robust understanding of business and strategic issues, and the ability to appropriately challenge and advise budget holders. You will have excellent leadership and communication skills, and a passion for helping us achieve our vision. You will have the passion and drive to deliver a first-class modern finance function.
This is a truly exciting opportunity for an ambitious finance professional looking to make a name in the sector and we look forward to hearing from you.
Closing date: Monday, 1st June
Shortlist: w/c Monday, 8th June
Interviews: w/c Monday, 15th June
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter via the link by Monday 1st June. For an informal discussion regarding the role, please don't hesitate to contact Bryony Feeney at Allen Lane via the agency website.