ROLE: Finance Manager
SALARY: Band 8a £52,643 - £58,558 (inclusive of HCAS)
LOCATION: Waterloo Road, Central London
HOURS: 37.5 hours per week
TYPE: Full-time, Permanent
The London Ambulance Service NHS Trust (LAS) is a unique and complex emergency service network serving a diverse population and responding to 1.8 million emergency calls per year. In addition they are the current provider for NHS 111 / Integrated Urgent Care in both South East London and North East London. Demands on urgent and emergency care providers across the capital are increasing and the Trust is developing new innovative services to provide care closer to home for patients. This has required the Trust to evolve its operating model and a number of exciting opportunities have arisen through this restructure.
The Finance Manager is a key member of the finance department who will report into the Finance Business Partner. You will take responsibility for a team of up to five Finance Analysts providing a financial management service, including management accounting information and financial advice, to one of the Directorates in the London Ambulance Service.
Key duties and responsibilities of the Finance Manager will include:
- Preparation of monthly reports for assigned Directorates
- Reporting on Key Financial Indicators
- Planning, development and monitoring of the budgets for assigned Directorates
- Liaising with the relevant Directorates to build an informative and robust forecast
- Regular audit of overtime and other payments made by the Trust
- Provide financial input on project development work and relevant costings for Business cases.
- Lead on the production of workforce plans and reference costs
- Design and present financial management training courses for budget holders
- Develop, maintain and comply with Standing Orders, Standing Financial Instructions, Scheme of Delegation and financial procedures
- Deputise for the Head of Financial Management when required
- Line management and mentoring of a team of up to five Finance Analysts
- Managing all aspects of the Trust’s income including the main SLA, staff recharges and CQUINs if relevant to the assigned Directorates.
- Process improvement within the finance department and the wider Trust
- Working very closely with the Finance Business Partner of the assigned directorates.
Your key areas of influence will be:
- liaising with budget holders
- liaising with senior finance team managers
- provision of financial information
- staff development
Finance Manager Person Specification:
We are looking for candidates with management accounting experience who can also develop an understanding of an organisation and assess the financial implications of business changes and proposals. Your interpersonal skills, innovative approach and ability to lead by example are therefore as important as your management accounting skills.
- qualified CCAB Accountant (or similar technical knowledge gained through equivalent experience)
- experience of working in a management accounting environment (preferably NHS)
- understanding of international financial reporting standards
- excellent software skills in Excel
- experience of staff management and leadership
This is an exciting and challenging position for an individual who enjoys working in a fast-paced, demanding and highly flexible environment. You will be a part of a high profile and influential organisation, making life better for Londoners by helping the Trust to achieve its vision of becoming a world-class ambulance service for a world class city.
Your salary and benefits:
- Band 8a £52,643 - £58,558 (inclusive of HCAS)
- 27 days annual leave + 8 bank holidays (holiday entitlement raises to 33 days with service)
- Excellent training, learning and development opportunities
- Generous pension scheme (including 20.68% employer contribution and a tiered system of employee contribution depending on your salary from 5% to 14.5%).
- A comprehensive staff health and well-being programme
- Health services discounts (retail, holidays, entertainment and restaurants)
- Season ticket loan and cycle to work scheme
To be considered for the role you will need to apply before the closing date at midnight on Friday 5th June. Early applications are strongly encouraged.
Allen Lane are our recruitment partner for this campaign. If you would like to find out more information before applying please contact Brooke Cooper at Allen Lane