ROLE: Senior Finance Manager (multiple vacancies)
SALARY: Band 8a £50,575 - £56,490 *
LOCATION: South London
SECTOR: Public Sector, Healthcare
HOURS: 37.5 hours per week
TYPE: Full-time, Permanent
*inclusive of HCAS
Croydon Health Services provides integrated NHS services to care for people at home, in schools, and health clinics across the borough as well as at Croydon University Hospital and Purley War Memorial Hospital.
The Trust’s experienced staff take care of people of all ages across the borough of Croydon. They are a very close-knit and friendly organisation where every one of the 3600 members of staff is valued. CUH provides more than 100 specialist services and is home to the borough’s only Emergency Department and 24/7 maternity services, including a labour ward, midwifery-led birth centre and the Crocus home birthing team. Purley War Memorial Hospital (PWMH) in the south of the borough offers outpatient care, including diagnostic services, physiotherapy and ophthalmology services run by Moorfields Eye Hospital, alongside an onsite GP surgery.
The financial management division is currently recruiting three Senior Finance Managers to join their team and manage specialist divisions such as Corporate Services, Women and Children, Surgery, IT and Facilities.
Senior Finance Manager Job Overview:
- To act as the principal financial advisor integrated into the management team of the Corporate / Clinical Directorates to which the post-holder is aligned, including making a significant contribution to the business planning and financial monitoring processes.
- To produce a monthly financial position that has integrity, accuracy, analysis and contains all financial information relevant to the directorate, supporting both the Directorate and the Trust in achieving its financial objectives.
- To produce monthly variance analysis for the Directorates so that this can be used to take corrective action where appropriate. Enable them to understand the whole financial picture, including SLR, activity and income information.
- Business Case Production, where required to provide financial input into the preparation of Directorate or Trust wide business cases, working with both financial and operational managers.
Senior Finance Manager Person Specification:
This person will hold a professional qualification in accountancy (CCAB) and will be able to provide evidence of continuously developing by having relevant post-qualification experience or significant management accounting experience in a large, complex organisation (NHS experience is beneficial but not essential). Business partnering is a key element of the role so this person must demonstrate strong communication/people skills, the ability to present analysis and influence budget holders.
Croydon Health Services NHS Trust’s values are to always be professional, compassionate, respectful and safe. It is important that the Senior Finance Manager’s values are in line with these expectations and that they are able to communicate well and work with people at all levels of the organisation.
Senior Finance Manager Salary and Benefits:
- Band 8a £50,575 - £56,490 * (*inclusive of HCAS)
- 27 days annual leave + 8 bank holidays (holiday entitlement raises to 33 days with service)
- Flexible working arrangements
- Excellent training, learning and development opportunities
- Generous pension scheme (including 20.68% employer contribution and a tiered system of employee contribution depending on your salary from 5% to 14.5%)
- Subsidised on-site nursey and childcare vouchers
- A comprehensive staff health and well-being programme including an on-site gym
- Health services discounts (retail, holidays, entertainment and restaurants)
- Season ticket loan
If you would like to find out more information about the opportunities, the Trust and to receive the full job description please contact Brooke Cooper at Allen Lane.