Allergy UK is the leading national charity providing support and information for the estimated 21 million people living with allergic disease in the UK. We are about to launch an exciting strategy for 2020-2025 to raise awareness and understanding of the impacts of living with allergic disease, with a new fundraising focus. We are seeking an individual who loves using the power of social media and can create engaging content and strong stories to highlight our cause to create a better understanding and awareness of allergic disease across a number of audiences. This Person will work at officer level as a key member of our Communications team, reporting to the Communications/PR Manager and liaising closely with our teams, particularly Fundraising, to gather stories and content themes that will increase Allergy UK’s profile, drive our influence and highlight our commitment to improving the lives of people living with allergic disease.
- Lead on corporate partner PR activities alongside the External Relations team.
- Develop innovative PR campaigns for the charity, advising on PR strategy for relevant communications activities.
- Work on issues-led campaigns from the development of proposals through to campaign strategy and evaluation.
- Assist with the implementation of the charity’s communications strategy to help promote a positive image of the organisation.
- Secure coverage within target publications using effective media outreach tactics.
- Build and maintain relationships with key media.
- Evaluate post PR and press campaign activity.
- Develop an integrated approach to the charity’s campaign and communications activity with consistent messaging and branding across online and offline channels.
- Journalist liaison and interview set up.
- Managing media requests including provision of quotes and information.
- Placing case study stories in the media (including joint-working corporate partner projects).
- Proactive news generation and opportunity PR.
- Drafting media materials and press releases using excellent copy writing skills.
- Plan and project manage the production of marketing and promotional materials.
- Maintaining media lists and press/case study logs.
- Social Media monitoring and responding.
- Being actively involved in any external events on behalf of Allergy UK, as and when required.
We are seeking someone with 3 years' experience int he field and able to develop campaigns for the Charity. If you feel you have the relevant skills and experience we look forward to hearing from you.
Competitive salary £30,000 per annum depending on experience
Excellent annual leave allowance: 28 days per annum (additional to bank holidays)
Pension Scheme, 5% employee, 3% employer
35 hour week; Monday-Friday, 9-5 (1 hour for lunch)
Subject to a three-month probationary period
Allergy education/training provided
Role based in Sidcup, Kent
The closing date for applications is Tuesday, 1st December 2020 however we will be reviewing CV’s on a rolling basis and may shortlist before this deadline.
Interviews will be held on Tuesday, 8th December 2020.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.