We are a non-profit organisation seeking an experienced fundraiser and strategic partnership builder to help us with the next stage of growth for our venture support programme networks and business centre communities.
We are looking for someone passionate about the challenges we are seeking to address, and the social enterprise business model we use. You should be ambitious for growth and impact, as well as for personal growth and progression. You will need to be aware of the range of different approaches to fundraising and social investment.
You will need to be experienced in:
- Relational fundraising with a track record of generating significant resources
- Tender and bid writing, with evidence of success
- Researching funding opportunities
- Business development, strategic relationship building and networking
- Written, verbal and presentational communication
- Location: Cambridge, with occasional, reimbursed travel to other centres. We also offer a hybrid working model.
- Hours: Fulltime, Mon to Fri, 35 hours a week preferable but we will consider 4 days (28 hours).
- Salary: Up to £45k per annum
- Contract: Initial 12 months, extendable on basis of successful activity.
- Reports to: CEO of Allia Impact Ltd.
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the UK without sponsorship
- Company pension scheme; free on-site parking; Bike2Work Scheme
- Life Insurance
- Flexible working
- Casual dress
- Wellness programme
- Previously awarded the best not for profit employer in the Eastern Region.
- Be a part of a community that drives innovation with a focus on addressing environmental and social challenges.
Allia Impact Ltd, part of the Allia charitable group, is seeking an experienced fundraiser and relationship builder to help us with the next stage of growth of our impact venture support ecosystem of business centres and programmes. This role may also be known within the company as Head of Funding.
Allia Impact runs a range of Venture Support programmes to help entrepreneurs build an idea into a business; start-ups to scale & grow and small businesses to establish and thrive – with impacts focussed on job creation, underserved communities and addressing social and environmental challenges. It also leverages innovation, entrepreneurship, and tech for good to address key issues in society (such as Net Zero, homelessness and AgeTech) through a suite of programmes, initiatives, and collaborations.
Allia Future Business Centres provide space, community and a thriving ecosystem where start-ups and ventures are supported to achieve positive environmental and social impact.
As part of our growth strategy, we have identified the need for a Head of Funding (Fundraising) to support the expansion of Allia Impact’s ventures support work and to expand the geographical footprint of the Future Business Centres. The key priorities are:
- Identifying and securing funding sources to maintain and grow our range of venture support programmes which currently operate in London, Cambridge and Peterborough. As these are free to attend, and demand no equity, we rely on external funding to support us to deliver this impact service. Aiming to expand to new prospective locations in London and Eastern England.
- Helping to secure the resources to expand our network of Future Business Centres also in London and the East. From small hyper-local hubs that focus on community support and transformation, to larger centres that act as innovation communities for impact businesses and start-ups, we are ambitious to grow our reach.
Typical funders have included EU (ERDF), local authorities, corporates, charitable trusts and individual philanthropists, and will be similar going forward except for the transition from EU to UK-based government funds. In the tech for good and innovation challenge space, collaborations with family offices, venture capital, and corporations are potential funding routes as well.
Our programmes and centres are of interest to all these types of funders and we have good track record and relationships to build on. It is a positive opportunity for growth and scaling the impact we can achieve to more locations, working as part of a team with committed colleagues.
Our people are pivotal to our success, and we have grown expediently. We are an equal opportunities employer which embraces diversity, inclusion and flexible working. We offer a great working environment, true team working ethos, good benefits and much more.
We are committed to equality and diversity for our ventures, tenants, colleagues, volunteers, trustees and supporters. We value the strength that comes with difference and the positive contribution that diversity brings to the communities in which we serve. We are working to increase diversity and would particularly welcome applications from groups that are currently under-represented, including those from a BAME background.
To apply for this role, please send an up-to-date CV. We may ask you to provide a supporting covering letter highlighting your skills and experience along with why we should consider you for the role and your salary expectations.
All applications should be submitted by 22nd of July but we will begin interviewing before then so early application is advised.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.