An exciting opportunity to be a part of a charity celebrating its 25th anniversary and supported by the world’s leading philanthropic foundations. APT is an international publisher of material on philanthropy, including Alliance magazine, a quarterly publication on philanthropy and social investment globally. APT aims to create a culture of collective involvement where all team members can contribute to both the direction and processes of the organisation. We aim to be a fluid organization, being able to introduce new ideas in quick time enabling us to punch above our weight and deliver impact at a level beyond our size. APT is proud to be an accredited Living Wage Employer.
We are currently seeking a highly motivated, confident individual with excellent organisational skills to take on maternity cover for the role of Marketing, Advertising & Events Manager.
Reporting to the Executive Director, you will be responsible for several concurrent marketing projects, targeting key subscription areas and ensuring a high level of renewals amongst our subscribers. You will also be responsible for the sale of advertising space in our quarterly print publication, our weekly emails and online. You will run and manage our annual event programme consisting of both digital and in-person events. There will also be opportunities to represent Alliance at external events both in the UK and abroad once circumstances allow.
The successful candidate will have strong, persuasive oral and written communication skills, enjoy working in a small team, and have excellent organisation and time-management. The candidate will be a willing participant in all APT discussions and play an active part in driving the organisation forward.
To apply, please send a CV and a covering letter to Amy McGoldrick by 10:00am on Wednesday 31 March 2021. We are a small organization and only successful interview candidates will be contacted. If you have any questions regarding the post, please contact us at the above email.
Interviews will be conducted remotely on 07 & 08 April with an ideal start date of 03 May 2021.
Marketing & Sales
- Oversight and active participation in the subscription renewals process
- Phoning non-renewals to encourage them to re-subscribe
- Follow-up marketing to partner conferences
- Researching and approaching organizations and individuals for new subscriptions
- Researching and approaching organizations and contributors to sell extra individual issues
- Managing freelance marketing support to help with the above activities
- Assisting the Communications, Partnerships & Membership Manager with partnerships where appropriate
- Creating and executing campaigns to increase the advertising revenue of Alliance magazine
- Promoting advertising opportunities across print, digital and online to all of our existing clients
- Building relationships with potential new advertisers and exploring new markets
- Maintaining relationships with all current advertisers
- Ensuring that all advertising material is provided by the client in time to meet our schedules
- Ensuring all invoices for advertising are raised, issued and paid in a timely fashion
- Answering any advertising enquires in a professional and timely manner
- Maintaining and updating the Alliance magazine media pack
- Lead responsibility for organising & promoting both in person & digital events
- Co-ordinating with the Executive Editor to ensure a good standard of panellists and debate
- Lead responsibility for the event programme and the income generated by it
- Responsible for maintaining the online conference calendar
- Checking the organisation’s inbox and responding to all customer queries
- Ensuring that all subscriptions are processed and invoices are paid in a timely fashion
- Overseeing the production of all publications, including setting the print run & preparing mailing lists for distribution.
- Keeping database records up to date
- Maintaining accurate details of projects and analysing the success of campaigns
- Reporting back on progress of all projects and potential new opportunities
- Being an active team member and contributing ideas to the long-term development of Alliance
- Working on required tasks relating to any other APT projects
- Experience of working on marketing campaigns
- Experience of advertising sales
- Good writing skills
- Good, confident telephone manner
- Good understanding of Microsoft Office – including Word, Excel and email
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently
- Experience of working with subscriptions
- Experience of event organization and management
- Experience of using databases
- Experience of using MailChimp
- Experience of Office 365
- Experience of working in a charity
- Interest in philanthropy and social investment