Alzheimer’s Research UK (ARUK) is the UK’s leading dementia research charity dedicated to diagnosis, prevention, treatment and cure. Backed by our passionate scientists and supporters, we’re challenging the way people think about dementia, bringing together the people and organisations who can speed up progress, and investing in research to make life-changing breakthroughs possible.
We have a full-time vacancy for an Assistant to Join the Prospect Development team. This team sits within the wider Insight & Development team at Alzheimer’s Research UK (ARUK). The purpose of the team is to maximise ARUK’s fundraised income, by driving collaborative, efficient and sustainable fundraising to the benefit of our supporters. This team of experts interacts with teams across the whole organisation and is fundamental to the delivery of ARUK’s Strategic Goals. If you are looking for a broad introduction to the charitable sector this is an excellent team from which to gain it.
This is an exciting opportunity for the right candidate to be part of a dedicated and passionate team supporting the Prospect Development Senior Prospect Development Officer, within the UK’s leading dementia research charity.
Main tasks of role:
- Undertake detailed research on prospects and donors in order to increase our knowledge of potential donors and to increase the likelihood for a successful fundraising ask.
- Be agile in responding to ad-hoc requests as required, ensuring we are equipped to act on new fundraising opportunities.
- Be proactive and creative in identifying new potential donors and be able to present findings to fundraising colleagues.
- Learn to use databases to identify new prospects and opportunities.
- Gather and disseminate information about relevant supporter networks and peer links to team colleagues in order to support fundraising activities, including through our fundraising events.
- Provide administrative support to the team (helping with process documentation, booking regular meetings etc).
- Act as an ambassador for the team in interactions across the whole organisation.
- Be committed to best practice, constantly seeking improvements in our operations.
- Ensure accurate record keeping of prospects on the fundraising database, being mindful of the GDPR.
- Work with other teams to share expertise and knowledge about prospect research techniques.
- Effectively manage and prioritise your busy and varied workload.
- Undertake any other relevant duties and projects delegated by the Senior Prospect Development Officer in line with the responsibilities of the post.
What we’re looking for:
- Experience of writing detailed reports. This could be demonstrated through experiences in education, essays, dissertations etc
- Confidence working with computers; knowledge of Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Experience of working with databases
- Good planning and organisational skills with excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Willingness to learn and adaptability.
- Work well as part of a team, but proactive and can work independently.
- A commitment to the ethos and goals of Alzheimer’s Research UK.
Location: Granta Park, near Cambridge.
Salary: Circa £22,000 per annum, plus benefits
Please download the Vacancy Pack for more details.
The closing date for applications is 19 September 2021, with interviews to be held on 30 September 2021. Please indicate in your cover letter if you are unable to attend on these dates.
Please note that the official job title for the successful candidate will be Prospect Development Executive.
In order to be considered, please create an online account using our Online Recruitment System which can be accessed through our Job Vacancies Page. You will be able to attach a CV and covering letter to your application, track your application and view other vacancies that may be of interest.
To view further details about this role and the benefits of working for us please visit the Alzheimer’s Research UK website.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.