Alzheimer’s Research UK is the UK’s leading dementia research charity dedicated to diagnosis, prevention, treatment and cure. Backed by our passionate scientists and supporters, we’re challenging the way people think about dementia, bringing together the people and organisations who can speed up progress, and investing in research to make life-changing breakthroughs possible.
We are looking for an exceptional candidate to provide administrative support to ensure the smooth running of a busy and successful Corporate Partnerships team. You will be proactive and driven, with excellent administration skills, as well as approachable, passionate and organised. The ideal candidate for this role will be confident and good with people, whilst having excellent attention to detail and reliable.
The Corporate Partnerships Team at Alzheimer’s Research UK (ARUK) is established and enjoying an exciting phase of growth. We are looking for a proactive and organised colleague to provide vital administrative support to the team, helping us to identify new prospective partners and build excellent relationships with our existing supporters. We are looking for someone with strong communication skills, great attention to detail, and the ability to prioritise and work to deadlines.
Our corporate partners choose Alzheimer’s Research UK because they recognise our pioneering spirit, creativity and our readiness to think and act differently. This approach typifies all our teams, and our growing Corporate Partnerships Team is no exception, having an unrivalled opportunity to bring the power of influential corporate partners to bear on our greatest medical challenge. We have worked with awesome brands like Google, Dyson, Wickes, Axa, Financial Times, Ricoh and Majestic Wines to name a few.
Main duties and responsibilities of the role:
- Supporting the Corporate Partnerships Team to research and secure new partners
- Providing a point of contact for fundraisers from companies that are supporting the charity, making sure they have the materials and resources required to fundraise
- Providing general administrative support for the team
- Keeping team records updated, including processing gifts and donations
- Assisting with ad hoc projects as required by team managers
What we are looking for:
- Education to A-level standard or equivalent
- Experience using Microsoft Office
- Experience working in a customer/client facing position
- Demonstrable administrative experience or relevant transferable skills.
- Experience building and managing relationships with colleagues.
- Confidence working with computers; knowledge of Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Experience using databases
Location: Granta Park, near Cambridge.
Salary: Circa £22,000 per annum, plus benefits
Please download the Vacancy Pack for more details.
Please note that the official job title for the successful candidate will be Corporate Partnerships Executive. When accessing our online recruitment system, the role will be listed as Corporate Partnerships Executive.
The closing date for applications is the 2nd February 2020, with interviews to be held on the 12th February 2020. Please indicate in your cover letter if you are unable to attend on this date.
We would encourage applicants to submit their application at the earliest opportunity as the closing date may be brought forward at any time. Should we wish to contact you to arrange an earlier interview this will be arranged based on the availability of the candidate and the panel. Please indicate in your cover letter if you are unable to attend on a certain day.
In order to be considered, please create an online account using our Online Recruitment System which can be accessed through our Job Vacancies Page. You will be able to attach a CV and covering letter to your application, track your application and view other vacancies that may be of interest.
To view further details about this role and the benefits of working for us please visit the Alzheimer’s Research UK website.